Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rear stand - frame repair

Email sent! Not sure what you mean by "when did the change occur"? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,
I would appreciate that too, was talking with Ian on Saturday about this as I have made the two replacement bushes and will be mounting them on a shaft to assure that they stay aligned when fitted.
Ian had a different way he had done it which sounded good too, but I was just trying to do a sketch of the original position of the rings before I cut them out,
Cheers
Darren

email (option): dwrudd at lineone.net

Ron Pier
Email sent! Not sure what you mean by "when did the change occur"? Ron

Ron I thought I read somewhere on the forum that the size of the bolt changed at some stage.
I've been reading a lot of the old posts over the last couple of weeks so I'm not sure were I got it from.
Mark
P.S. Email received. Thank you

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

Ray
John,

I have this one that Hinrik posted many years ago.

This is a NOS frame to give you a clear idea of location.

Ray do you know if the lugs in the frame repair photo have been welded in or braised?

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

Thanks All for your good information

Much appreciated

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I have recently carried out a similar repair. I might welded my repair section in place. It seems to have taken to the frame. I would not recommend filling an ovaled hole with mig weld as it is very hard and not easy to drill. Regards Jon

email (option): jonsewell8@hotmail.com

I remember cutting out all the part up to the bulge (in which the wheel's shaft slides), leaving a few mm. free though, machining a new piece out from steel with matching thickness, grinding a phase (or angle?) on both new piece and frame, allowing to be filled with weld.
It is now stronger then in was in its original state.

Mark, the holes were elongated. I drilled them oversize, and braised in aircraft hydraulic tubing, sanded
down sides and then holes reamed to correct bolt size.

Reg
Hinrik

email (option): hsteinsson28(spam)@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1