Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RED MARLEY HILL CLIMB

Red Marley hill climb is held on easter bank hoiliday Monday,this photo is from about seven years ago when riged/girder bikes used to take part.  photo DSC_0655_zpsw97eiqb1.jpg

Re: RED MARLEY HILL CLIMB

That's a great picture, thanks

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Went on Monday a cracking days racing but I think they have dropped the rigid / girder class although saw a ex wd Matchless having a go and a few side valve Harleys

Yes it was a really good day's competition and very enjoyable despite the cool weather. The rigid class was dropped a few years ago much to the annoyance of my brother, there is now only the up to 350 class and over 350 plus the all comers so with the practice everyone gets at least 3 runs even if they get knocked out in the first round.
I counted 4 sidevalve 750 Harleys plus one 900 OHV bike, a couple of which did really well considering they are rigid frame with springer forks and as they have a foot clutch can't change gear once they have got a move on.There were I think 3 rigid AJS/Matchless bikes, one of which is the "Bar None" G3L featured in one of the glossies some time back.
Even if you aren't keen on the more modern machines you must admire the bravery (foolhardiness?) of the competitors and apart from the lunch break the racing in virtually continuous through the day, well worth going to see. There is also some good videos on Youtube in case you are tempted to have go!
Richard

Nieuwe pagina 1