Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photobucket

As I said Rob, I've always hated Photobucket! Never have to use it for other forums which are much simpler and quicker.

Did they ever use those Champion caps on anything WD? Clive the jumbler with the gauges is often trying to sell me them, but I haven't found a need yet?

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I agree about photobucket, its a pretty long winded way of posting pictures, but its the only way.

Not sure about the Champion cap, it was just a picture to check if I could post again and I can, but someone seems to have decided they have a purpose because they have started remaking them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHAMPION-UNSURPRESSED-SCREW-ON-PLUG-CAP-PRE-WAR-VINTAGE-MOTORCYCLES-VINCENT-BSA-/401217409876?hash=item5d6a6bd354:g:~PIAAOSwx2dYFzqz

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

My photobucket is working OK as you can see from my latest post..All present and correct...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I cheat and use the IKBA site to access the easy Tinypics upload, copy the address and paste it here.

email (option): fergusanckorn@icloud.com

As you saw on the P55? thread recently my photobucket account is working and I also use it on another site where you cannot post directly to the forum.....

On a lot of other forums, the BSA Owners Club for instance, you can upload photos/pictures etc. directly from your desktop with no need to use third party programs or websites such as Photobucket. Cannot this be done here and has it been looked into Admin?

Dave

email (option): dave.stapleton@me.com

Well I've posted hundreds of pictures on here over the last 8-10 years or so, including some just 2 days ago. But the whole lot has vanished Ron

Somebody mentioned on another forum that all their pictures had vanished from photobucket, but in his case they came back soon afterwards, so on a scale of 1 to 10 how patient would you say you are Ron?

Rob

With photobucket 1 1/2.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ron your pictures have certainly disappeared from some threads on the forum, I wonder what's gone wrong?

Can you still log onto photobucket? and does it say if you have exceeded your data storage limit? mine says its at 21%.

Rob

Dave Stapleton
On a lot of other forums, the BSA Owners Club for instance, you can upload photos/pictures etc. directly from your desktop with no need to use third party programs or websites such as Photobucket. Cannot this be done here and has it been looked into Admin?

Dave

IT is all about server security and space.
If the image is simply a reference to an image on another server ( photobucket for example ) then the forum only uses a tiny amount of hard drive space and it also allows the search to happen a lot faster.
Then there is security.
A lot of nasty code can be hidden in an image.

Most of the forums that I am on that allow direct posting are run by a commercial company or a trade group so there is a lot of big wallets carrying the can.
And finally there is the KISS principle.
No direct uploads is simple . it also discourages members posting 142 images they took on their smart phone, all badly framed & out of focus

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Rob Miller
Ron your pictures have certainly disappeared from some threads on the forum, I wonder what's gone wrong?

Can you still log onto photobucket? and does it say if you have exceeded your data storage limit? mine says its at 21%.

Rob

Hi Rob. Yes I can still log in but unable to upload any pictures from my folders. It says there are 1888 pictures stored but nothing in the albums although there are rows and rows of blue titles for the pictures. Something is amiss and I don't know if it's anything mischievous or sinister. But Photobucket say they will look into it. I guess I'm in a queue though? I'm at 66% so plenty of space left. Ron

trevor
Dave Stapleton

Dave

IT is all about server security and space.
If the image is simply a reference to an image on another server ( photobucket for example ) then the forum only uses a tiny amount of hard drive space and it also allows the search to happen a lot faster.
Then there is security.
A lot of nasty code can be hidden in an image.

Most of the forums that I am on that allow direct posting are run by a commercial company or a trade group so there is a lot of big wallets carrying the can.
And finally there is the KISS principle.
No direct uploads is simple . it also discourages members posting 142 images they took on their smart phone, all badly framed & out of focus

Hi Trevor

Noted. By the way did you get my message about the RAAF Blue WD B40's ?

Dave

email (option): dave.stapleton@me.com

No,

If you sent me a PM I would not see it as everything in that email address is automatically diverted into the trash folder & deleted.

I do that with all forums that I am on.

So drag up the original thread or start a new one

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Well it looks like my Photobucket albums are back But I still don't like using it, but so far for this forum I have no choice Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1