Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finished restoration WLA 1944

Well done Maarten. At last you now have the bike that won the war And it looks like you can take your Wife/Girlfriend/Gay lover with you Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

@Ron...if you ever would consider a job as a stand-up comedian....I would suggest you should start in very small theatres... ....Maarten

email (option): mr.bighealey@hotmail.com

2 months...???...You deserve some sort of medal Maarten...

I can't see your bunk in the photos...Surely you didn't have time to go home and sleep?... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

ah, a sceptical note....still it's true, as you can see from the document of the RDW (dutch DVLA) I own this bike as of the 7th of februari 2017.....so I hope I'll receive the medal from you shortly...
Still, looking at the comments so far, I will restrain for further postings for the time being....too bad...Cheers from the gay exaggerater....

email (option): mr.bighealey@hotmail.com

Not at all sceptical Maarten, that didn't enter my mind.....

Just impressed with your rate of work... ..

The best I've ever managed for a full restoration is just over 6 months...Ron, on the other hand, is a speed merchant like yourself.. ..

I guess now you'll be needing another project?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Maarten You know I'm only joking, but in these days of everything PC, you have to cover all the bases so as not to offend someone . That is a big comfy seat on the back

2 months is indeed a very fast time to get it all done. I may be a "Speed Merchant" as Ian suggests, but I can wait up to that sort of period for my magneto/carb/plating to get done. Let alone hunting for missing parts. One thing at least, parts for Harley's are easy to obtain...Like Jeeps. You might have noticed in another thread, that I'm actually working on a WLC as we speak for a friend. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

What a fantastic looking bike!

I wish I still had mine.

Great work to bring it to such complete looking condition. Bet that thing turns heads everywhere!

email (option): paulscutler@gmail.com

Looks very good,
You say about time scale I did a Willys jeep restoration in 16 weeks inc a complete engine rebuild, was working on it till 11pm most nights though.
Just bought a WLA from East Germany to restore as well

Regards
Carl

email (option): carl.chezz@cwgsy.net

Nieuwe pagina 1