Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peugeot P55 (I think)

Would someone please give me a precis on the Peugeot P55, as a model and this particular example (if in fact that's what it is)? It's my understanding they are post-war, and that's about all I know. Is it a mechanical dog? Major constant issues to be wary of? Value? Be blunt. It's not mine, but I'm interested, and I may go look at it this weekend.

Re: Peugeot P55 (I think)

I don't know any mechanical details but these are the nearest pictures from my collection labelled Puegot Type 53 (P53) and look to be of war time or thereabouts. The magneto cover looks different but may have been replaced with a newer model

photo M.2038 - Puegot Type 53 left hand view.jpg

photo M.2038 - Puegot Type 53 right hand view.jpg

hope that helps

Thanks, Sir Ewok. It at least gives me what I can assume by its immaculate attention to restoration detail to be a fairly close moder to comare (and perhaps haggle) with on inspection!

*model to compare (sorry for fatfingers, using phone).

Hello,
Peugeot P55 on the first picture is definitely postwar, only the front fork is the same with the P53,the frame on the P55 is more "heavy" with lot of more tubes, and the engine is totaly different, lateral carb on P53 rear carb on P55 different gearbox ..and warning, P53 model also exist in postwar model, the french WW2 models are from the 1939 "Deluxe" model , first batch delivered in kaki, and the others are civilians kaki overpainted ( or not...)and black and chrome for french gendarmerie.
not lot of pics of real military bikes in service... and the one on the pics is a period civilian painted in Kaki "just for fun", from a great PEUGEOT collector who have a beautiful 1940 prototype in original Kaki trim....

http://www.militaria1940.fr/t1663p25-les-vehicules-militaires-peugeot

P55 is a lovely "fumigate" 2 stroke bike, but sincerely, a Flea work largely better!!!
regards
Arnaud

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

Thanks, Arnaud.

I quite like these little Peugeot bikes, but in my opinion if you are buying it in the UK it will be overpriced by about 300%

Is it really a WW2 military bike? or a fake?

Nieuwe pagina 1