Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KM BOOKS.

These two are part of my collection of drivers/riders handbooks the top one is very early maybe one of the first contracts for BSA M20 motorcycles for the army.  photo DSC_0644_zpsbgbc6gii.jpg  photo DSC_0645_zpsmg6hjnj5.jpg

Re: KM BOOKS.

Indeed, Steve. A9764 was the first 'proper' M20 contract (allowing for test machines etc.) It has a fairly high 'catalogue Ref. as of course they had been supplying War Office V-twins.

9764 was a 'shared' contract, as a number of these 1938 / '39 contracts seem to have been. 600 Nortons and 298 BSAs.

Do you have any pre-war Norton contract literature ?

This is the earliest Norton spares book I have,its illustrated,have got three non illustrated very late spares lists,plus two big 4 parts lists one of which is illustrated.  photo DSC_0634_zpsaqujjxfm.jpg

Thanks Steve. I have a copy of 5612 with a VAOS. Does your VAOS include the headlamp list with the mysterious reappearance of the resistor kit for the 3rd brush dynamo ?

Hi Rik,yes LU/308249 RESISTANCE Assy.5chms,that is in the headlamp list,which is dated 15th May 1940,other dates in V.A.O.S. list range from 1938 to 1940.

Hi all

So my bike was part of the C3655 contract. I take it these documents are hard to come by now if I wanted one ? I cant seem to find a pdf copy etc on tinternet. Cheers Ant

email (option): antkenmare@gmail.com

This sort of literature is 'around' but it's fairly scarce and you'd have to be very lucky to find any 'by luck', let alone for the correct contract. The right contract stamping can take years to find.

It requires a fairly obsessive focus, leaving no paperwork unturned on autojumble tables.

The days of cheap original paperwork are gone. There will be the odd bargain but most 'normal' people would balk at what sometimes has to be paid.

Nieuwe pagina 1