Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DATING CERT. PLEASE

Scorp, What year of manufacture or first registration is shown on the UK docs ? At present, before the consequences of the Brexit vote begin to affect those of us who have betrayed our country by moving abroad, it should be a straightforward matter to have the French registration based on the UK details.

I did this with two Nortons and a Land-Rover when I moved to Belgium.

If you don't have a pre-1960 UK registration then it may well be worth going through the process of getting that noted on the UK documents before transferring over. To do that would require the BSA OC. to fill in forms for DVLA.

The V5C shows the bike's first registration as 01/02/2000 with a Taxation Class of Historic Vehicle and declared manufacture date of 1940. I shouldn't have a problem getting an FFVE certificate so that I can register the bike in France, however, it would be useful to have Henk's certificate to add to the dossier that I'm sending to FFVE (Fédération Française des Véhicules d'Epoque). I've found with my other classic vehicles, that the more information they get in the dossier, the faster it gets dealt with.
Scorp.

email (option): bb@scorpionvideo.net

Henk might have missed this thread so far. Best email him direct on. ahum@quicknet.nl

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I'm pleased to say that I now have a Dating Certificate from Henk, together with a copy of the WD ledger on which it is listed - great service. Donation in appreciation made via PaYpal.
Scorp.

email (option): bb@scorpionvideo.net

Ron Pier
Henk might have missed this thread so far. Best email him direct on. ahum@quicknet.nl

Ron

Hi Ron, I had missed that thread indeed but it's sorted now. To busy preparing to go the Crete next week. Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Not another holiday on the nudist beaches? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Are there any other beaches on Crete?

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1