The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kicking off the season

It was a great weekend and thanks John for the look around and sloe gin
I've just watched Broadchurch and recognised lots of place we saw. I now know that Helmet City bike accessory shop, is the police station in the show
Sorry I was on the wrong colour Norton but the extra power was much needed going up those hills 2 up. The 100mile blast up the M5 wasn't quite as enjoyable

All gathered round for a story
 photo image_zpsi0q1g5jh.jpeg

photo image_zpse2dtehgb.jpeg

photo image_zpsehxmauhp.jpeg

photo image_zpsipbzcoaf.jpeg

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

HI guys Hi Ron
i hope u have good trip -
i hope i can visit you
have a nice time -
Hussein

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Well that's the one from my previous post finished..On with the next, an M20 this time....

It's always nice to be in the workshop!..Ian
 photo DSC00720.jpg

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian,
you should have had a job at the BSA factory

Nothing as 'Spick and Span' with Tim's scruffy Harley. I found that the piston rings have lost all their spring with loads of blow by to the piston sides. The rear cylinder exhaust valve is leaking profusely. Possibly carbon build up stopping the valve shutting properly, (next on the agenda for investigation). The bores are 40 thou O/S and measure up with just 4.5 - 5 thou skirt clearance, so I think a pair of new pistons and a glaze bust will do the trick.

I had no choice but to cut the rear cylinder exhaust pipe to get the system separated. I marked it first and tacked it back in the correct location before taking it to be professionally TIG welded. I've cleaned up the whole rusty system and re-painted it with VHT black....Which I doubt Tim will thank me for as it will now detract from it's war weary "PATINA"......Shame Ron

photo G 2007_zpstamr602e.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Those engines look fantastic Ian

Well done Ron, they would be lost without you, ride 'em into the ground and drop them off to you to fix

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

" I've cleaned up the whole rusty system and re-painted it with VHT black....Which I doubt Tim will thank me for as it will now detract from it's war weary "PATINA"......Shame Ron"

Tell Tim to take the WLA to War & Peace this year. The venue returns to the Hop Farm and there is nothing like Beltring mud/dust for re-creating war weary patina!

email (option): fergusanckorn@icloud.com

That's where he bought the bike Ferg, the year before last. From a well known Dutch HD dealer. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1