Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KM / WM20 front brake rod cable

Hi

Does anyone have the measurements for and photos of the brake cable used to operate the brake rod on these early model m20's

Outer / inner measurements required

Many thanks

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: KM / WM20 front brake rod cable

John

I too am in the process of fitting a front brake rod to my '43 M20 and need to fabricate a short brake cable from the lever to the rod end. I would certainly like for an experienced person to step up and provide the correct cable dimensions.

In the meantime, I have an old document that lists several front brake cable lengths as follows:

part part number length, inches

outer cable 33-8515 31-3/4
inner cable 33-8514 35-1/4

outer cable 66-8738 17-1/2
inner cable 66-8737 21

outer cable 65-8624 30-11/16 (fraction difficult to read)
inner cable 65-8623 37-1/4

I grouped the associated lengths assuming the one digit difference in part number made the outer and inner cable pair.

For the brake rod ass'y, I think the 66-8737/8 is the cable pair to examine for fit. The others are way too long.

Although I have yet to fit the rod to the wheel and right fork, my preliminary measurement for the inner cable length is about 19-3/4" for a 17-1/2 inch length outer cable.

I plan to make up a custom cable from a venhill.com (also venhillusa.com) clutch cable kit with the 10 mm X 10 mm barrel and small trumpet end. I don't have a precise inner cable length yet until I fit the rod, but can publish it next week when all the parts come in.

In the meantime, maybe a more experienced reader will chime in a provide the data.

Regards

Dave W.

email (option): dwdiak4@gmail.com

That can all be found in the technical section of the website and lots more.

http://wdbsa.nl/Cables.htm

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks Dave & Henk

In fact I had forgotten about the tech section

At shepton I bought 2 nos wartime cables in a box which I will have modified to be clutch & front brake cables

I can base the measurements on this information

Thanks again

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1