Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear Wheel Hub

Couple of questions:

1) Does any one know the thread sizes for the four tiny screws that hold the small metal plate that retains the felt washer (mine are on the workshop floor some where or in the treads of my boots)?

2) Not that I am tight, but the rear hub seems to need half a tube of grease. Is it not better to take the wheel off from time to time and re-pack the bearings?

Regards

Pat

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Re: Rear Wheel Hub

Patrick Meagher
Couple of questions:

1) Does any one know the thread sizes for the four tiny screws that hold the small metal plate that retains the felt washer (mine are on the workshop floor some where or in the treads of my boots)?

Regards

Pat

They are 2BA.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Don't think they used BA on the hub, more likely is 3/16 x 32 BSF. Same as the screws in the primaire chaincase and lower chainguard.

But 2BA will fit and M5 combined with a little force also.

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Thread size is 3/16 cycle, the nearest you will find modern equivalent is 32 10 UNF, same old 55/60 degree angle difference. I got some NOS from Russells not long ago.

Yes quite difficult to find those 3/16 x 32. If you buy chaincase screws from most sellers now they will just give you 2BA as the nearest equivalent. I've used stainless 2BA in all my BSA's and bead blasted the heads for a cad plated look. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

What's the recommendation on grease ?

Pack the entire hub when stripped & a couple of squeezes from the grease pump to suffice
Or
Just pack the bearing area best you can

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1