Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Corowa swim in- (NSW -AUSTRALIA)- anybody going?

so on weekend realised this is on this coming weekend in corowa - 320km (200mi)from Melbourne/ 645km (400mi) from sydney

https://www.corowaswim-in.org/

any body from here going ?

I will drive up from Melbourne with the BSA WM20 (in the ute) for the parade on Saturday. never been before .

they have a lagoon for amphibious vehicles to ' boat ' about on

some file photos from the website:

Re: Corowa swim in- (NSW -AUSTRALIA)- anybody going?

Hi

Can't make it, just back from Hamilton branch Labour Day in Cape Bridgewater, otherwise I think is have liked to go.p, even if my M20 is in civi trim.

Take a few photos for us.

Cheers

Richard

email (option): Dickie.bobbie@hotmail.co.uk

so last weekend went to this

its been going for 38 years and the swim in part refers to the dudes with their amphibious vehichles launching into the Murray river.

this year was' year of the carrier/dodge and landrover'

as I have the 1942 BSA thought I would check it out - and they have a parade/thru Corowa on the Saturday /swapmeet

so loaded up the falcon ute and took off Friday arvo ,

apologies for the underlined text - must be something from copying the format /posts from another website I posted in .

don't know how to un-line it so will leave

they all stay at the 'ball park caravan park - inc the vehichles - thought I would do the same and got into Corowa and intended to camp at the place . man was packed out . did go in and have alook - plenty of dudes in army green/ driving about in stuff at the campground --

lol::

they had been doing this all week .

ended up staying in motel I found at short notice-(lucky) .

so paid for my entry to the parade which goes from centre of town at 9am sat morning, down main street to the showgrounds - about 5km/3miles:

snaps of the line up :

my BSA and one other and a 42 WLA Harley . was another WLA turned up - guy had the leather rifle holder on the front forks- with a wooden gun stock visible .said that , previously he had been pulled over by the cops - but he had put the stock on an umbrella- cops didn't know what to do then

...but were sure a stock was prohibited as well-

so now gun stock was bolted to a metal bar which bolted to inside the holder/scabbard

there was also about 5-7 Yamaha trail bikes - ex army

anyways on with the line up :

was heaps of big trucks:

WW2 scoutcars:

dastardly germans in their kubelwagon :

some real classics ....:

mokes :

dodge power wagons:

75 jeeps - look like D day staging :

amphibious jeeps :

then after the swapmeet/show - they all pile back to the campground for the swim in : is the murray river next to camp with a boat ramp :

6 wheel ALvis - rolls Royce straight 8:

launching :

and floating - not much freeboard:

larc:

amphibious jeep :

they tooled in and out for about 4 hours was pretty cool to see

there is some field the tracked vehicles go to churn around on - didn't see that -unfortunately

Thanks for the pictures, it looks like a great event.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi Brett,
Great to hear you enjoyed your time at the Corowa Swim-In last week. I am a member of the organising committee of Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts Inc. and it is encouraging to have positive feedback from participants and visitors. You may be interested to know that the event theme for 2020 is Year of the Military Motorcycle.
If you would like to contact me with your email address I will add you to our database so that you will receive the next newsletter (May/June) with a full event report in it. Would you mind if we used some of your comments?

I travel over from the UK every year for the event and it is a very friendly and interesting experience.

regards,
Richard Farrant

KVE President

email (option): kve.editor@btinternet.com

Great pictures...and a good mixture of vehicles on display....Thanks for posting them...

Have to say though...I like the Falcon...(and the sunshine).. ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

As per the others Brett, great stuff and thanks for posting. Nice to see something a bit different, and on the other side of the planet.

Lovely pictures indeed.
And I too love the sunshine, but....spring is coming here as well.
We can take our bikes out.

Richard Farrant
Hi Brett,
Great to hear you enjoyed your time at the Corowa Swim-In last week. I am a member of the organising committee of Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts Inc. and it is encouraging to have positive feedback from participants and visitors. You may be interested to know that the event theme for 2020 is Year of the Military Motorcycle.
If you would like to contact me with your email address I will add you to our database so that you will receive the next newsletter (May/June) with a full event report in it. Would you mind if we used some of your comments?

I travel over from the UK every year for the event and it is a very friendly and interesting experience.

regards,
Richard Farrant

KVE President

ah - i was at the drivers briefing Friday night. so probably saw you - but didnt know it. ....

yes enjoyed the event-was last minute for me.

yes use the commments ,no probs

will contact you by email .

brett

Ian Wright
Great pictures...and a good mixture of vehicles on display....Thanks for posting them...

Have to say though...I like the Falcon...(and the sunshine).. ..Ian

thanks the ute is a 1961 Ford falcon - first of the falcon utes - was a 'shed' find sat for 20 years from 1991 till 2011 on a fram in mid NSW- which is probably what saved it from being scrapped /rust away.

Ford Australia stopped production last october (of the falcon 'brand' sedan/utes).a 57 year run of the falcon name .

ha ha was about 30 deg C on the day .- hot.

Thanks Brett, look forward to hearing from you.

regards Richard

And I hope you are going to get your M20 going by the 2020 event, Richard!!

email (option): fergusanckorn@icloud.com

Hi Ferg,
Worth a thought, although not sure if I could get it on the plane!

See you soon.
Richard

Nieuwe pagina 1