Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Website picture.

Will you be in Normandy in 2019 for the 75th, Albert ?

Rik,

I would love to, but there's a big issue. I work in a petrochemical plant, and we have to shut the production every 5-6 years for maintenance and inspection (I think the proper word in english is maintenance turnaround). Sadly, the next one is scheduled in 2019, so I will most probably be working :(

But I really want to visit normandy on a D Day, so I'll try to get my wife's approval to go on 2018.

email (option): albertpascualp@iqs.edu

The 'quiet' years have a lot going for them and if all the government leaders turn up, the big anniversaries can involve a lot of hassle but if you ever want to see 200 WD motorcycles on the road at one time then it is a 'must'. Quite simply a never to be forgotten event.

Another event with app 100 WW2 allied motorcycles and other vehicles is the annual Race to the Bridge around Arnhem. With many enthusiasts living nearby it's more accessible than Normandy if you're looking for a place to stay. It's also always on a Saturday.

Already many forum members are attending every year but for newby's here's a video impression;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPyTb-rPoXU

Ramon is one of the leading organisers of this excellent event and he and his team are facilitating everything for a nice stay during these days.

http://www.airbornebattlewheels.nl/

So for the people where Normandy is too far away I would recommend attending this event.

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

HELLO SVEN, COULDN'T AGREE MORE. FOR SOME YEARS NOW, DATING BACK TO ABOUT 2007/8, MY MATES AND I, HAVE BEEN THE PRIVILIGED GUESTS AND NOW MATES, OF A LITTLE DUTCH BAND OF BROTHERS, BY THE NAME OF "AX, MARTIN,( VAN DER POEL) PETER VAN DER PUTTEN, AND HIS BROTHER AND JOHN FROM UP NORTH HOLLAND, ROB VAN MEEL , ( SWEARS REAĹLY WELL IN ENGLISH,)
WE STAY AT THE CAMPSITE RIJNOEVER, OOSTERBEEK. A BETTER BUNCH OF PIRATES YOU COULDN'T HOPE TO MEET. THESE BOYS WOULD GIVE YOU, THE SHIRTS OFF THEIR BACKS.IN MY HUMBLE OPINION DUTCH HOSPITALITY IS SECOND TO NONE AND I CONSIDER IT AN HONOUR TO RANK ALL THESE FOLKS AS MATES.
OH AND THE RACE TO THE BRIDGE IS A DAMN GOOD EVENT TOO. 👍👍

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

....Peanut butter, pickled herrings and Heineken also put the Netherlands well up on the list in front of the attractions of Normandy.

I think it's correct that using all capitals on the interweb means you are shouting?

There's no need to shout, we can hear you.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Rob, I'm not well versed in I.T. trivia. I just enjoy the forum for what it is mate.

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1