Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new london emissions restrictions

Dear all i know not everyone lives in london and i have sent off an enquiry to Transport for London, but can anyone advise. you may have seen that the mayor has announced new restrictions in the centre of london - where the congestion charge operates for older vehicles. it means if you want to go in them you have to pay the equivalent of the congestion charge at any time. Can i check will this apply to all old vehicles including my BSA ex WD M20? all reliable information really valued. all best everyone peter

Re: new london emissions restrictions

Sit back and wait and see.

Badly thought out bit of nonsense to please the metropolitan yacking classes.

The Queen has a fleet of vehicles over ten yrs old;
what about the vintage vehicles invited to take part in the Lord mayors parade?

ditto all the smalll tradesmens vehicles,are they all going to be penalised?
There are still a good number of classic car dealers working out of London,

I expect the military have plenty of stuff older than 10yrs

What about all the owners of classic vehicles that live in London?

I expect there are even more options.

Khan is a loser, and there are knives out for him anyway.

Of course I'm not bothered as I never need to return to that hell hole anymore,which is one way round it.

I know how you feel...There was a threat to put in a set of traffic lights less than 6 miles from my house...Bloody scandalous...Fortunately it didn't happen...

The next thing is there'll be suggesting a speed camera within 10 miles... ..and the chickens have gone 'off the lay' ...

The whole world's going mad....Ian ..

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

"...there was a threat to put in a set of traffic lights less than 6 miles from my house...Bloody scandalous...Fortunately it didn't happen..".

quite right Ian,bloody cheek

But however you may jest, I used to drive a Peugeot 505, 2 ltr turbo diesel,manual 5 speed, amazing low speed torque, and it was a delight to realise I could drive from my home in Wiltshire to Dover in 5th gear without ever meeting one set of traffic lights in all 154 miles.
Of course they've buggered that now there are lights at the Andover/A303 junction......... completely took the joy out of my booze runs; I blame the EU.

BTW my hens are laying well.

I haven't got any hens

Eggsactly.

sorry i am getting confused. Will hens over a certain age have to pay the congestion charge?? you must tell us!

I live and commute into central London on my Honda everyday,
at present and up to 2019 all motorcycles are congestion
Charge free and excempt from this new emmision charge.
From 2019/20 motorcycles will need to be newer than 2007
Euro3 or a daily charge of £12.50 will be payable ,but the
Good news is all vehicles in the historic tax class will be
Excempt. So as my Honda is 1997 I will need a new commuter
bike ,probably not much fun on my M20 as there are 93 sets of
Traffic lights between my house and work ( yes 93 ) I have
counted them.
Jeff

"Will hens over a certain age have to pay the congestion charge?? you must tell us!"

only if they are egg-bound.

Over £3000 pounds a year charge?....Very reasonable ...I think I'd rather live in the country and avoid the congestion, the pollution and the Mayor of London and his highway robbers...

Fortunately though, not everyone shares that point of view...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

COME THE REVOLUTION FOLKS,EVEN IF IT MIGHT BE A, LONG STROKE, LOW COMP ONE.

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

OK then, how about this scenario. I'm a blue badge driver. I'm exempt from the congestion charge. So, if I take my van up to town, I won't have to pay, but if I take my bike, I wonder if I will.

email (option): oldjunk@btinternet.com

I think all road users that go into London and other places should pay a price they could call it a road fund licence and you could display a little round disc on your vehicle to prove that you are allowed to use the road, lets face it lads, I mean, paying to go into London, I think they should pay us to go into that rat hole.
You should also have to pay to keep chickens, or is this laying it on a bit thick?

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

By all accounts we will all be driving electric in 10 years time and the internal combustion will be a thing of the past. If you still have one you will be a pariah and hated as you haven't had it crushed and recycled.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Isn't it odd how electric cars don't have any emissions in London!

Oh I forgot the smoke comes out of the chimneys at Selby........it's grim up North.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

electric cars the snowflakes fantasy

I read recently that if every car in the country was electric,we'd need another 20 nuclear power stations to keep them all charged.

As someone who lives just short of 80 miles from the pit that is our capital I really want a car that has a range of 30 miles.

I don't know how accurate the 20 power stations is but those who like number crunching and graphs might find this site interesting.

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

The best bit is the consultation results for this emmision /money making plan came came out from transport for London today and it said 70℅ of Londoners backed the plan and though it was all a great idea. The only thing they didn't emphasise was that only 15000 replied to the online only consultation out of 8.4million people who live in London ! That's good enough for TFL to rubber stamp it.
The sooner I move to the west country the better !

Im going to buy an old express dairy milk float , nice and slow,clogs the roads up free parking no congestion charge , bike on the back till I get there LOL

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Are tractors exempt?

Jeffrey Riggs
I live and commute into central London on my Honda everyday,
at present and up to 2019 all motorcycles are congestion
Charge free and excempt from this new emmision charge.
From 2019/20 motorcycles will need to be newer than 2007
Euro3 or a daily charge of £12.50 will be payable ,but the
Good news is all vehicles in the historic tax class will be
Excempt. So as my Honda is 1997 I will need a new commuter
bike ,probably not much fun on my M20 as there are 93 sets of
Traffic lights between my house and work ( yes 93 ) I have
counted them.
Jeff

It's all cobbler's I've got a 2002 Honda St 1300 which is still the current model, no mechanical changes since that date and I will have to pay the congestion charge but if I had a 2008 model which is identical I don't it's all b****cks

Forgot about tractors,I Have A great big John Deer, 30 40 , six cylinder stright six diesel ,

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Tractors are LEZ and ULEZ exempt.

Everyone should own a tractor.

Or a nice coal burning traction engine.

Nieuwe pagina 1