Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SPEEDO SERVICE

"best" and "cheapest" don't go together very well. Having said that, Chronometrics have an excellent reputation. and at 70-80 I do not think they are expensive.

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Thanks guys - I'll chase this one up asap :-)

email (option): fozzie001@hotmail.com

I had the one on the W/ng serviced by Phil Woods Littlehampton over the Christmas period, exactly £70 inc postage, nice chap and you can talk to him, his details are on the net, kind regards

email (option): woolnough@mchenry.plus.com

That's who I posted a link to earlier in this thread. Phil is gradually taking over from his Dad, Dave. Although I think Dave still does the big Vincent instruments. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Agreed, Philip Woods. David (Dad,) had a stroke a few years back and although recovered he has taken a back seat. (He is a long time REOC member by the way!) They attend the regular Kempton Park Autojumble (stall at the end of the hall under the main stand) if you want to chat or see their work. You can drop a unit off at one jumble and pick up at the next if you don't trust the post. They have recently started refurbishing Smiths Magnetic instruments as well as Chronometrics.
REgards, Mark

Sright! I have a couple of Royal Enfield's with the very unusual 'Anti Clockwise' Speedo heads. Dave knew all about these and managed to reverse the action in a standard speedo for me. Ron

Thanks again guys, I've had contact with Phil Woods now and the speedo is packed and ready for posting in the morning...
Still puzzled why the needle stuck at 15mph though??????????

Coz that's what they do when they go wrong! And often it's just dirt or grease inside the workings. Also if they stop suddenly, like when the cable breaks or you test one with an electric drill, the needle will stop at that speed and you have to reverse the action to zero it again......It's all white man's magic Ron

sorry Ron, I only know him by his name, wasn't aware of his trading name, all the lads seem to rate him, he is mentioned on both Ariel and Norton forums as being good value, kind regards

email (option): woolnough@mchenry.plus.com

Ron Pier
Coz that's what they do when they go wrong! And often it's just dirt or grease inside the workings. Also if they stop suddenly, like when the cable breaks or you test one with an electric drill, the needle will stop at that speed and you have to reverse the action to zero it again......It's all white man's magic Ron

Ahhh - I understand what you say but the bike was trailered out (speedo was fine) and trailered back (didn't check it) and the bike wasn't run in between times, but a few weeks later, when looking under her quilted cover, I saw the 15mph jam... That's the bit that flummoxed me

Yes, I got my WD speedo from David Woods. I brought him the speedo off my then new purchase G3L project as it was stuck and he patiently explained that it was a civvy pattern but lucky for me he was able there and then (at Kempton) to swap it (plus £60) for a working WD one and 13 years later, its still working well.

Ian, did you tow above 60mph ? It could be that the speedo went into shock and had a seizure !

That will be it for sure 😊

email (option): Admin@attymass.ie

Nieuwe pagina 1