Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3HW STEEL CHAIN CASES.

Due to the aluminium shortage Triumph used steel for the 3HW chain cases from early 1942,the photo below shows the inner and outer cases plus the spacers two for the chain cases and one that fits between the rear engine plates.  photo DSC_0627_zpsbpks95f1.jpg

Re: 3HW STEEL CHAIN CASES.

The inner case has a large stepped washer held in place by a spring plate riveted to the chain case,this allows the washer to slide when the primary chain is adjusted,the stepped washer faces inward as shown and stops the clutch rubbing on the back of the case,and also stops the curved steel guttering from being damaged,this steel guttering is spot welded on,add diverts oil away from behind the clutch to help avoid leaks from there,the pipe in the middle of the case is the breather pipe.  photo DSC_0633_zpsxsd0ahx4.jpg There is also an oiler for the rear chain,a small screw is undone and drips of oil lubricate the chain,the spacers are also shown.  photo DSC_0629_zpstcn9a6nb.jpg The chaincase oil filler plug was also made from steel to save on aluminium  photo DSC_0632_zpss7wb75bn.jpg The rear of the chaincase has the battery carrier bracket spot welded on,the holes in the battery carrier base are in a different position than some Triumph models fitted with the aluminium chaincases.  photo DSC_0628_zpsgtbnk6i2.jpg

Machines fitted the pressed steel in place of aluminium chain cases were fitted with a cased felt washer between the two drive side bearings plus a distance sleeve which keeps the two bearings apart,the photo shows NOS ones,these are now unobtainable,when the engine on my 3HW was rebuilt this part was not refitted,but the new outer bearing was a rubber sealed type one rubber was prised out (inner one)and it has run like that for nearly twenty years,so I would say it is not needed (the distance sleeve is though).I don't know the reason why it was fitted in the first place but was used on the steel chain case only.  photo DSC_0638_zps8tsdd89w.jpg

It looks like all my photos that were on photo-bucket have come back,very odd?.

If you did not have a lot of photos linked to forums they all should have come back.
AFAIK all of mine have but I had less then 100 photos.
When you get to the lowest paid level, they will again vanish until you pay.
A typical case of an MBA being allowed to become a manager and not understanding how his spread sheet management plan did not work.
Very common now days that the money people have stopped becoming advisers and pretend to be managers.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

My pictures have all come back as well, and I have definitely more than 100. And I'm not paying anything... Looks as if they have become sensible again.

Jan

email (option): wd.register(at)gmail.com

Well if you are a $ 100,000 + CEO with an MBA or a $ 500,0000 + director and you want to increase the value of your company it is easy.
You have 500,000,000 subscribers so you just get them all to pay $ 300 each, I mean it is simple, who would not pay such a paultry amount .
Makes perfect sense to the board members and works on a spread sheet.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1