Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need some James ML's measurements

Hi All,

As finding a rear wheel for a James ML is like finding a needle in a haystack, I'm thinking about converting an early James Captain rear wheel I have, for now.

I am seeking some measurements of the rear brake plate, as this seems to be the only part that really seems to be different. Especially the spindle center hole of the ML I would like to know.
Any help on this would be very much appriciated.

regards,
Bjorn

email (option): bjorn_schelfaut@hotmail.com

Re: Need some James ML's measurements

*The diameter of the rear brake plate centerhole where the spindle goes through it. So I can check if it would fit the spindle.

email (option): bjorn_schelfaut@hotmail.com

Re: Need some James ML's measurements

Bjorn I've been doing my best to get some measurements from my ML with the wheel in the frame.
Firstly the spindle is 1/2". The brake plate is about 6 1/2" diam and the distance from the back of the brake plate to the back of the sprocket is 4 1/4".

I remembered that I have this James rear Hub which is very similar. Maybe it's the same as the one you have? I also have this front brake plate with shoes from some other James model (It's clearly marked JAMES) and is the correct diam, so could be modified to fit. It's heavily pitted but strong and could be tidied with body filler.

I just took this pic but my camera seems to have bitten the dust!! Best email me if you want to discuss further. Ron

photo G 1953_zpsr1oxu4tc.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1