Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ebay trash - part 2

From time to time i watch the ads on ebay, just to see what's going on in the world.
Some ads are really annoying.
Twice recently i saw a B31 discribed as an "early Gold Star" (!)
And some else wrote about his BSA;
"On this bike you will never be loneley, cause everyone will be watching you"
Can you picture that ?
("He neighbour, did you buy a motorcycle ? "
Yes, I did, I was feeling lonely")

I hope i wasn't one of you guys !

Re: Ebay trash - part 2

'Gold Star'...if you can hang that tag on anything it adds value..and you never know..there might be someone out there dumb enough to go for it (and pay for it...)

Any incomplete, unfinished swinging arm B31 seems to be a 'Gold Star Project' these days, much as any similar assemblage of A10 (or even A7) parts is a 'Rocket Gold Star' project...

I've even seen maroon painted B31 engine plates listed as Gold Star...The same part admittedly but there never was a maroon gold star... ...

Saying that I've had buyers try it on at jumbles as well...'Do you have a rev counter drive for a (mundane and cheap) B31?'...Yeh, right...

The number of times I see things incorrectly described leads me to think that in many cases the seller himself doesn't really know what he has so just covers any possibility that comes to mind....

I actually don't mind peoples attempts to add value...it's the same thing in reverse as someone bargaining to reduce value.

Everyones just trying to make a buck and it's up to the buyer to identify what he wants..'Buyer beware' and all that...

What annoys me more is when someone puts a high value on a part when they plainly don't know what it's for....If they don't know that how do they know it's worth so much?.... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1