WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum picture

This is the website photo in question.

photo Guards Armoured Division_zpsjkkxdwn4.jpg

An interesting photograph. The AoS '43' indicates an armoured division provost and that looks very much like the Guards Armoured Division 'All Seeing Eye' on the fuel tank....where it clearly shouldn't have been according to Army Council instructions !

Very nice picture, what is the bike they are ferrying? Decent Dutch army photos are few and far between, it's nice to see one here.....

Unforgettable, those days
If you want more, have a look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/74/a2006074.shtml
There is one error in that story: it was May 7th and not the 6th that the Germans opened fire on the crowd at Dam Square; I was there too

I guess that's a BSA G14 or KM21, delevered to the Dutch Army before the war started.

Regards,

Ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

I used to have this Original picture. It was in a Photo album and all the pics in this album were taken during the liberation of Brabant, south of Holland. So this one could have been taken in Brabant as well.

Regards,

Ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Who would be willing and able to share the highest possible resolution scan with a rivet-counter / Arm of Service Anorak ?

Look at the helmet covers, used to distinguish the two parties ('Red' and 'Blue' usually). It covers the oval bronze "Lyon" sign on the Dutch pre-war helmets.

Found this today.... Not sure if the guy on the right is German with a Dutch helmet or a Dutch soldier who has just surrendered. or is it just my imagination.

photo xxxx - FN and Dutch soldier captured by the Germans Holland 1940.jpg

Nieuwe pagina 1