Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The End of Kempton Park

Of all the racecourses to sell off for housing, they had to pick on the only one worth visiting !

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/jan/10/kempton-jockey-club-greg-wood

It seems that Eric Patterson got out just in time.

Where are we going to meet up in future, Chaps ?

Re: The End of Kempton Park

Nothing lasts forever Rik! Could be a while yet I guess. Yes Eric must be smirking
I'll miss Kempton as I've been going to nearly every one for years, but there must be plenty of other venues within the area 'Brooklands' for instance. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

On the news it said it would be four years before the redevelopment actually takes place...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Dont discount the strong possibility that the stand area, members buildings and hardstanding will be retained as an ongoing commercial venture for conferences, exhibitions ......and bike jumbles! Also perhaps take heart that the Folkestone racecourse closed over 10 years ago and still hosts the "War and Peace" Show due to an ongoing dispute over building new houses between the owner, developers and the council planning department!

Yes with 200 acres to develop, even if they started today, it could be some years before the stand area is effected. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It's quite obvious that they've been neglecting the buildings for years. It wouldn't surprise me if they demolished them first. It's closer to the road too.

Brooklands is great but do they have unused undercover space ? Sandown Park is nicer but I think much more expensive. They used to hold the 'Southern Classic Show' there years ago. I won 'Best Modern' with a Commando at the first one. It started me off as a pot-hunter !

Why doesn't Ardingly 'click' ? It doesn't have the same buzz...Too far south and in the middle of nowhere ?

Nieuwe pagina 1