Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ariel wng

Hi all

I have a question about Ariel wng handlebar bracket. Is it any difference between early and late type?

Tomek

email (option): polus_77@tlen.pl

Re: Ariel wng

Yes, the early W/NG's had rubber mounted bars, clamped with big nuts compressing rubber doughnuts. The later type had traditional top saddle clamps with four bolts. Both type had the strange 1" bar that tapers to 7/8". Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you for your answer Ron

I have Ariel WNG from 1942 (frame Xg 26965, engine BH 18229) and I have eraly type of handlebar bracket is it correct?

Tomek

Yes! Your W/NG is from contract C11103 in 1942. I have a parts list for a later contract in 1942 which still shows the rubber mounted bar. I'll email the page to you.

Ron

PS. Sorry correction. Although the parts list illustration is the rubber mounted clamp. The text says it's the solid type with four screws. I have a 1940 parts list which shows the rubber mounted clamp #D10/111. Again in the text it says do not use this but replace with the solid type #4850-34.

I think there was a problem with the rubber mounted bars moving in off road conditions and there was an urgency to change them as soon as possible. So I don't know up to what point the rubber mounted bars were fitted at the factory. But I have seen several W/NG's with them.....So they wern't all modified.

Thank you very much Ron

Tomek

PPS. I've also heard of the rubber mounted clamps being drilled right through the handlebar and pinned. This would have made an easier and quicker fix in a REME workshop. Worth doing yourself.

Ron

Hi Ron

I sent you message

Tomek

Nieuwe pagina 1