Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lucas Difusa

Indifferent piece of glass with a poorly applied transfer....It looks genuine to me !

I've had several in those original 'record sleeve' covers. This one looks exactly right but I suppose that if someone had set up a faking scheme, especially if they had some old sleeves it would be very difficult to tell without having two next to each other.

It probably is genuine, but expensive! Dave Tann from this forum sells good repros with the Difusa logo correctly applied. (I don't think it was a transfer originaly? More like an ink stamp) Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I got one NOS for my DU142 from Hussein (among other goodies ) also in the original sleeve and clearly the real McCoy

A lot of money for something that will most likely get broken when you try to install it let alone ride with it.
I have been using a round of shower scree glass for 30 years, brilliant.
Think it was around $ 3.00 at the time.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Hi, thank you for the response. It's for my new ambitious project with no repro parts! At least not visible parts. Ok, I know its impossible but I still have that goal. I prefer poorly stamped original over perfect repro.

Kalle

Nothing wrong with that Kalle, if you're happy to pay the price. Maybe check if Hussein has any left or try a haggle with the ebay seller. Ron

I think that the original logos are silk-screened. They are often off-centre and show missing areas. Lucas clearly weren't too fussy about what was probably seen as a consumable.

Few types of domestic glass have the correct feel and as Kalle implies, this is something that shows. I have a couple of original glasses. I bought a spare as I realised that fear of breaking my only original was cramping my style somewhat off-road.

Kalle if you want a non perfect repro I can do you a special, I have a couple of scratched pieces which would suffice can even stamp the Difusa logo on the piss without the protective cover so it will wear off in a couple of months . Seriously though you cant beat a original part but most of the original ones I have are worn and scratched due to poor storage which is a big problem with flat pieces of glass much like the ones in the far east Ebay listing (I note he has borrowed some of my own words in his description in his listing).The reason I made these repro,s was that the stickers/transfers which were available thru most club schemes were rubbish and didnt look right. I have also seen repro glass which have been listed on Ebay site in a lucas sleeve by dubious sellers so be aware, as a side note my repros are 4mm thick the originals are 3mm I actually sold one to a guy who when riding lost the complete reflector assembly when he stopped and retrieved it the glass was still in one piece.As for the pattern of glass you wouldn,t know the difference a metre away.. Dave

Hi Dave.
Problem is within this very one meter. When I see some difusa stamped glass fitted to the bike I can't keep that distance:)
I am building a unrestored bike so one of your scratched original will fit well.

Kalle

Hi Kalle
the one in the ebay is original -
the difference only for the papers color - the green & the yellow for the parts to the cars & the motorcycles
cheers
Hussein

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

I just noticed they're in Cairo! Are they yours Hussein? Ron

Not Hussein, friend of his, Ron.

Hi Kalle
if u not buy the glass i can help you
cheers