Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Magdyno house

Hans, this one is a Norton-type body with the HT next to the cylinder anyway so not correct for M20

Hans WDM20 58764
Pity, I thought I could use it ...
But has anybody a body only in restorable state, preferably with provision for a slack wire advance? I do have already a restorable armature

Hans the body is irrelevant to the cable. You can swap the cam box and cam plate between bodies. Slack wire is not correct for an M20.....Granted it is a better idea though! I might have a bare postwar body like your broken one going spare. I'll check later. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hans I have these two spare bodies. If you're not worried about the HT lead pick up position, you can have one or both for the cost of the postage. Ron

photo G 1945_zpskj7elnzg.jpg

PM send !

my G80Cs has a slack wire advance, the DB32 came with tight wire! wasn't aware of this at first so excited to have one at last, anyway most confusing so converted it to slack wire, not as easy as it appears but got there in the end, now have aquired this cracking soft W/ng and what does this have? you've guessed it perishing tight wire advance I'm sure 'tis just sent to try me!
'appy new year to all and kind regards

email (option): woolnough@mchenry.plus.com

Tight wire is correct for a W/NG. I've found (so far) that the only bikes with slack wire during the war were Royal Enfields. Ron

Hans WDM20 58764
PM send !

Hans I'll work out postage later today. But you could contact Leon H. as he's threatening a visit to my place sometime. Ron

Ron the fun I had converting the goldie I can well do without, I will, I'm sure leave the W/Ng as is, kind regards

email (option): woolnough@mchenry.plus.com

Yes Richard they mostly seemed to go over to slack wire after the war. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1