Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: They all got it wrong then?.

I did wonder if it was the name of a place, as I googles several options of the word with A's and E's and it didn't seem to be a persons name. Thanks Rik

Blimey Rik, I've just gone on the forum page you've posted about this and we had the same conversation then..! My memory is getting worse Maybe you'll have to remind me again in another 2 years

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I suspect that you're not getting enough sleep, Mr. H !

The yanks also got it wrong.  photo DSC_0620_zpsvm0lxpyx.jpg

STEVE S.
The yanks also got it wrong.  photo DSC_0620_zpsvm0lxpyx.jpg

It has eagle's wings and an upside-down 'W' for Wehrmacht. I reckon it's German !

Re: THEY GOT IT WRONG THEN?.

A close up of the MOTORCYCLING photo,as Ron says most probably a3HW,looks like webb forks,tin chaincases,tyre looks like an Avon tread pattern,handle bars look like the early 1 inch cow horn type.  photo DSC_0618_zpsz8pamqa9.jpg

Re: THEY GOT IT WRONG THEN?.

Ah that's a better picture Steve. If my eyes aren't deceiving me I can read 887 on the left side of tank and 67 on the right. Which means it's from contract C13948 demanded in 1942. The missing number could obviously be between 0-9 which would make the bike anywhere between the 381st to 1281st from that contract, so I would say built in 1942 rather than 43.

Interesting to see a Triumph type fork damper wing nut instead of the expected Webb type wheel?

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1