Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Magdyno problem

Clean the nut etc and get the oil off, then try super-gluing the nut to the housing so you can undo it. The nut will come off with a bit of heat.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

How about a hacksaw or Dremmel cut from the top of the dome nut as far down as you can, then a small screwdriver blade in the saw cut and a bit of levering to split the nut. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the suggestions!

I had the same idea as Darren and I think, given the limited space due to the recess and small size of the nut, I'll try that first.

I would post a picture of the problem but photobucket is playing silly buggers again!

Cheers

Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Hi no need to get physical take out brushes from opposite end then undo the two through bolts holding dynmo together pull it apart thus exposing the offending bolt end mal

email (option): malmotorcycles@gmail.com

Thought of that but the Dynamo driven gear would need to come off before you can take it apart and that is held on by a screw that is not accessible. At least as far as I can see.

What he was proposing was to leave the gear on the armature and remove everything else from the front plate of the generator leaving the armature dangling in the front bearing.

I just did a 'proof of concept' and that should give you access to the screw-head from above?

This assumes you can wriggle the body of the generator out but with the straps undone that wasn't an issue with the old generator I tried it on?

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

OK now I understand.

Not so quick on the uptake these days.

I’ll give that a go!

Thanks for putting me right and taking the trouble over the photos.

Cheers

Pete

Nieuwe pagina 1