Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA ZB34

As there is so many people here with a big know how on all most anything regarding British bikes I have chosen to ask this question here :
What is a BSA ZB34 cylinder and bare cylinderhead worth? both in very nice condition, no rocker arms valves or anything else than the bare head and cylinder.
I have been offered these parts and wonder what I should pay for them.
It's the alloy type that looks just like a B33 cylinder and head.

Best Regards
Søren

email (option): sapa@privat.dk

Re: BSA ZB34

Worth strong money these days but take care with the barrel...The 500 barrels are quite prone to cracking..

Check thoroughly below the fins at the front and rear of the barrel...They are repairable if you know a good welder, but the liner has to come out and they then have to be welded inside and outside before cleaning up the casting/weld and refitting the liner...Not a 5 minute job!

In these days of fluctuating e bay prices I'm not sure of the current value but I would think £300-350 for the head and £200-250 for the barrel if they are in good order...

I'd be interested to hear other opinions on that...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: BSA ZB34

Thank you Ian, all ways nice with good advice, as I remember them they are in very good condition, but will look very carefully at them. He is asking a bit more than the price you have given, he will get an offer.

email (option): sapa@privat.dk

Nieuwe pagina 1