Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeler gauges

Those feeler gauges 65-9130 are rare as rocking horse sh*t....
I understand there are 5 feelers in a set, but how were they marked ? Obviously in Imperial, but what thickness...

Re: Feeler gauges

Well I don't know, but I'd hazard a guess at 10 inlet tappet, 12 Exh tappet and CB points, 18 spark plug and two others that I can't think of right now. Maybe the standard 15 and 25 Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I can read 3 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 and 12 on my set.

This comes from the set gauges I bought in a rather complete set of BSA tool from Australia. This set was sold as a C model toolkit. Not sure if these would be different from my second set in the photo below. Not really anything I can read on that set.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

have a quick think
You need an
inlet
exhaust
points opening
points fully open
regulator points
Spark plug

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Yes with those five sizes you can make all sorts of other sizes. But nothing really thin enough for points opening.....Good old Rizla! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

.003" is the tappet clearance (in and ex) for a B31/33...Perhaps there were different sets for different bikes despite the fact many clearances are universal..

Or perhaps you got all the permutations required by combining feelers...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

The 1939 BSA spares list shows them as 65-9130 and lists them for all models C,B,M and G14.

I wonder if they could be laser cut from a larger modern set of feeler gauges?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I have cleaned the rusty gauges with some brillo and I am pretty sure they are the same sizes as i mentioned in my earlier post but they are still hard to read. Here a photo of the 10 gauge.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks guys! Now, who will make some replica sets ....

Nieuwe pagina 1