Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Off topic Doncaster pick up & more

And THIS Friday , my supplier of chimney materials , said , just to confirm your order thats, eight meters of six inch flue with a 25o mm long extended long tail adaptor of six inch internal dia, I replied as I always do all the flue is made on German machinery, and everything is metric,even the stainless is supplied to the manufacturers of the finished products in metric size, its not just the old boys who this mixing imp an metric thing, ALL the youngsters do this why?

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Regarding the handlebar sizes question, somewhere above (this thread is seriously hi-jacked!!)

There were inch and 7/8"sizes in Europe same as in the UK, but Zundapp before and during the war decided to use an inbetween size of 24mm. very strange indeed, so if you find any of that size, they must be Zundapp!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net (think about it!!)

Michiel,

Working on the M23 I see. The Hepolite piston number denotes an 82mm OHV piston for M22, M23, Q21 and Q8 (low compression).

Talking bout a serious hijack....

Kind regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Thank you, Leon, I know what it is, but was triggered by the description of 3.2283" instead of 82 mm what they actually mean.

Next time will start a new topic, sorry for my part of the hijack, at least you get quite some attention for the pick up!

Yes, I started with the M23, luckally found the correct frame with the correct oiltank fixing so now full speed ahead.

Cheers, Michiel

Michiel,

I don't mind the hijack. Any attention is good. I knew you would know what piston you have. The funny thing is that I have been after that piston for a long time and now I have almost all sizes.

Good to hear that you started. It will be a beautiful bike no doubt when you are finished.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Nieuwe pagina 1