Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 field stand.

Has anyone got any experience of the Indian made field stands on EBay? Struggling to find an original item so may go this route in the meantime. Am I throwing money away?

Stuart

Re: WM20 field stand.

Hi Stuart

I've not tried one, they may be made by different artisans across India and from different quality components so its very difficult to say they are all bad or all good even if you had personal experience of using one, but don't expect to receive the one pictured when buying on ebay.

I suspect that if you bought one you would be able to test it's strength before you trusted it to support your machine but by mail order it will cost you to try.

You do see them on auto jumble stall's so if you are in the UK and able you could ask to inspect one, it may be more expensive than buying direct but at least its in your hands and your choice.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Draganfly have them listed.

http://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/bsa/bsa/a710--b3133--c101112--m202133/category/949-engine-plates-and-tie-studs

They may well be made in India, but at least you are dealing with a reputable British firm if there's a problem. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I enquired with Dragonfly probably 12 months ago about this and they were unable to tell me how long delivery would be so I didn't bother at the time. I'll get back in touch with them…….. Cheers.

Stuart

I fitted a reproduction one to my m20 which I purchased at the Shepton mallet bike show. It looks ok and was made out of heavy duty metal.
The problem was the swivel joint was not correctly made, I had to take it apart and machine bits off it in the lathe until it worked and locked correctly when down.If you have a lathe and a mig welder you can make most things work in the end.

Please update this site with your results as I would be interested in how you get on. I'm also after a field stand.
Thanks in advance,
Justin.

Jeff

The problem was the swivel joint was not correctly made, I had to take it apart and machine bits off it in the lathe until it worked and locked correctly when down.If you have a lathe and a mig welder you can make most things work in the end.

I'm expecting to have to modify slightly whatever I buy.... Thanks for the feedback.

Stuart

Nieuwe pagina 1