Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BSA LINE UP.

In this case, probably most of them came back although if they're 51st Division Provost then most of the 10 HQ and 90 section-based provosts would have gone in the bag and not returned until 1945.

CWGC figures for 10/5/40 - 30/6/40 show 38 CMP casualties listed for France (including Dunkirk Memorial) and 10 for Belgium.

Thanks for that but in general with the vast amount of photos that we see I should imagine a large amount did not....

Today is the day to remember all those who gave their lives or their youth to saving us from a terrible fate. Thank you to all the veterans and all those who served their respective countries at any time......

Another nice picture presumably more KM20s.

UK registrations covered up?

And have the shiny bits of the engine been painted?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

They have their head lamps covered.
And seem to have a lot of Luggage ?

Wrapping the headlamp in hessian seems to have been standard procedure with the BEF. The bikes were netted on and off the transport ships...much like the Isle of Man in the days before Roll on-Roll off !

photo A 1940 C39338XX  BEF CU 3_zpscxgyip6g.jpg

These particular bikes do seem to have been very shiny. I wonder if as CMP machines they had been 'bulled' for a special assignment ?

Something I have never noticed before but should have.
I gather the heavy cable to the bottom of the brake backing plate is the speedo cable.
All the M 20's I have seen in the flesh have them on the left driven of the bearing retainer extension and I can not see how a right side speedo drive can work.
Any links for me to follow ?

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Yes Trevor it's the pre-war type and used up to the 1939 KM models. As seen on the current website picture. It's just a fairly normal angle drive through the brake plate and I have it on my 39 KC10. My 1940 WC10 and WM20 however have the usual type on the N/S. Ron
 photo C10 053_zpsvqnbjz07.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Sir Ewok
Thanks for that but in general with the vast amount of photos that we see I should imagine a large amount did not....

Today is the day to remember all those who gave their lives or their youth to saving us from a terrible fate. Thank you to all the veterans and all those who served their respective countries at any time......

Yes, this is the time to remember, I did my bit on the 11th, I attended the armistice parade in Dainville near Arras, one of our partnership towns, laid the wreath on the memorial there, then we all marched up to the Scottish cemetery, where we laid another wreath, all the French school children were given poppies and they sang "Its a long way to Tipperary"
I have great respect for all the old soldiers that went through the war, I served for nine years but I would have hated to have had to go through what some of our lads went through.

Thanks Ron.
I hang round with the BSA Club & we had a gentlemans agreement with the Vintage Club.
They looked after pre WWII Beesers and we did post WWII beesers.
Thus the two clubs were not competing for members or resources.
There is a little cross over as one would expect & I for one am going down the older bike path, as I get older and blinder & I hope wiser.
However the RHS speedo is something I have never come across before.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1