Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Website picture PME 198

That is a really good point Peter and something that I hadn't noticed before. Received wisdom has always had it that the MT1130 was new for 1940...The last machine delivered under A.9764 was KM20 598 - delivered November 1938.

Could it be that the MT1130 was a 'deLuxe' fitment to 1939 model year machines that didn't apply right across the range until the 1940 model year ?

Where is Leon ?

The website photo clearly has the brake plate speedo drive. That makes it a KM rather than WM 20 doesn't it ?

The more I look at this picture the more questions there are.

Is that a breather on the underside of the timing cover, I thought that was a later feature?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Rik as I said a few posts back. The MT1130 was definitely fitted to 1939 KC10's. Ron

photo 2015-01-31 17.56.54_zpsjaknqd8o.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Rob Miller
Is that a breather on the underside of the timing cover, I thought that was a later feature?

Rob

Hi Rob,

What you see there is the rubber of the gear change pedal.

The photo I have here is quite a bit bigger, if anybody is interested just let me know.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

It looks as if the MT1130 arrived too late for the 1939 catalogue
This is the M20 illustration from the 1939 catalogue (machines from September 1938) :-

photo IMG_1262_zpso7b5kg8x.jpg

September 1939 catalogue for 1940 :-

photo IMG_3614 2_zpsyrnepcl3.jpg

Henk Joore

Hi Rob,

What you see there is the rubber of the gear change pedal.

The photo I have here is quite a bit bigger, if anybody is interested just let me know.

Henk

Thanks for the better picture Henk, you are right its just the gear lever not a breather.

So it is a KM20, but we may never know which one or even from which contract, pity.

But it brings the date of this toolbox type back much earlier and reminds us this tail lamp wasn't first used on the "Ws" so a very usefull photo.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

The BSA lubrication drawing for contract A9764 shows the MT1130 and tool box with internal lock.

Hi Peter,

Could you send me that drawing? Would be interesting to see. I only have the cover of that booklet.

Thanks,
Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Ron Pier
Rik as I said a few posts back. The MT1130 was definitely fitted to 1939 KC10's. Ron

photo 2015-01-31 17.56.54_zpsjaknqd8o.jpg

Hi Ron,
Mine is a '44 bike and I am rebuilding it to replicate a 1944 bike that my late father in law dispatched on in Burma.
Since my photo does not show the rear of the bike, and mine did not have a tail light anyway, I chose to use the MT1130 as I like the look of it. If anyone tells me its wrong, so be it. I will point them to the Talflow filter fitted in the photo, which was also much earlier than the bike contract.
I do think that as time went on, many of these bikes were built with what was available at the time, war n all.
Darren

email (option): dwrudd at lineone.net

That's fine Darren! Where did you find your MT1130? Ron

Sounds like the same as you Ron
Got an old wing light and modifying it complete with little window underneath for the light to shine on the number plate.
The glass is a plain crackle glazed white one, so was going to red glass paint it unless I could find another one to suit.
I have an led tail light setup for the bulb as there was no gubbins inside anyway.
Darren

Yep! I already made a nice repro for my 1939 C10, but let it go when I miraculously found a NOS original Now got to start again with this brass lamp. I also just received this dark "Indian Red" glass paint which I'll try.

Have you got the instructions from the Ariel Guy. Can provide if you need them. Ron
 photo C10 167_zpscaf0vimo.jpg

That would be very good of you Ron, I was just going to wing it but previous experience is never to be sniffed at.
Cheers

email sent. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1