Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Colored cable slip on ends

Off and on I've searched for Electrical Engineering Services in Lancashire, without success, as I'd like to purchase some of their colored rubber cable slip on end sleeves for wiring harnesses. Anyone know if they are in business or have an alternative source for these bits?
Thanks,
Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Re: Colored cable slip on ends

I just use colored heat shrink sleeve, I've got a load spare, you just need a hot air gun preferably with a reflector. PM me at address below and I'll send you some.

Rick

email (option): rbrouard@guernsey.net

Wade Edwards
Off and on I've searched for Electrical Engineering Services in Lancashire, without success, as I'd like to purchase some of their colored rubber cable slip on end sleeves for wiring harnesses. Anyone know if they are in business or have an alternative source for these bits?
Thanks,
Wade

Wade, I've bought cotton covered cable and those coloured sleeves off that guy. The contact I have is info@classicwiring.co.uk tel (in UK) 01204 884383. I don't think he has a website? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks very much for your help Rik and Ron. Ron, that is why I couldn't find the web site.

I got the original information from the TECH section. Perhaps someone, possibly Steve, the original author, can add an update with the email address.

Perhaps I should have gone further with my search as there are a number of suppliers.

https://nortonsafe.search.ask.com/web?q=classic%20wiring%20uk&o=APN11910&geo=en_US&prt=&ctype=&ver=&chn=&tpr=121

Cheers,
Wade

Hi Wade,

I visited the place that you are on about, just over 3 years ago. The guy gave be a demonstration of how the cotton covered wire was done. It was interesting, he makes up all sorts of looms if he has a pattern.I also need some coloured ends sometime. Wade do you want me to try and get you some? He's around 35 miles away from me.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Hya Dave,

If you are planning on heading his way for a visit, that would be great if you pick up a selection for me. Enough to do 4 looms. If you could please PM me if you think you are going to head over, or I will contact him myself. I wonder if he has a loom pattern for under seat switched W/NGs?

Thanks,
Wade

Please note that cotton covered wire was NEVER EVER used on british WD bikes of the wartime era!!

It looks very much out of place there, only tinned rubber wire was ever used, have written this before, but was a while ago, the rubber wire can be bought of ebay.

The heat shrink coloured sleeve work wonders, and looks very autenthic, for protecting the main wiring loom, use smallest size racing bicycle tube, turned inside out, just the thing!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net (think about it!!)

Wade,

Will send you an email tonight after work.

Lex, thanks I had seen that about the rubber wire. I got some of ebay awhile ago. The guy showed me his machine out of my interest.

Dave

Hi ,

If anybody is interested I have been in touch with John at EES and a packet with 2 coloured ends cost around £1.10P. I think that is a little expensive, but I am a Yorkshire man

Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1