Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inserting photographs.

Is it just me or is it prohibitively complicated to insert a photograph onto this website.

I know most people on the site are into old things but why does it have to crossover into technology. I tried following the instructions but got lost when it started asking for you to have other accounts on photo websites.

I have found this site so informative and the members so friendly and helpful, in fact I don't think I would be able to continue my riding of a WM20 without you guys. But really, let's have a more usable website.

Joe.

email (option): se98jl@hotmail.com

Re: Inserting photographs.

Read second subject from the top down.

That's what I was following, doesn't seem to work on iPad.

Joe.

This is from Imageshack using my wife's iPad.

Copy & paste is not as easy with an iPad but does work.
I only used a thumbnail - it is just a photo of some recent lathe fiddling.

Cheers, l will keep trying.

Joe.

Joseph, I found the cut & paste function on the iPad really touchy - I use a Mouse all day with my job so the iPad is not my strong suite I'm afraid.

One thing that you need to get right for this forum is the type of link to use I post on several Buell forums (and most require off forum picture storage for any decent sized photo) and none of them use the HTML type link this form does.
For Imageshack you have a multiple choice - here is a screenshot of the link I chose for this screenshot (HTML). Note the string starts and ends with 'a'.
The direct one will have 'http' to start and the two forum formats have'[URL='.
Apologies if I am covering ground you are already aware of.

Ray

I also inhabit the RealClassic "IKBA" forum and that has a very simple photo insertion procedure using prompts that works easily with the iPad. I confess that if I want to insert a photo on this M20 site, I use the RealClassic site to set up the photo, then copy and paste the link here!

Nieuwe pagina 1