Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another BSA for the stable

What's happened with the Royal Enfield...? Is it finished yet..?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Keep up Horror!

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1370424&cmd=show

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nice project that Ron

I found records of a number of these in my research on m20's in ireland

I have always liked those little 250's

Jo'bKA2Yyw

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Blimey Ron how do you manage it ? Every time I try the same stunt with my missus, it's "what do you want that for" you've already got X, Y, Z. To which I reply, yes dear, but how many pairs of shoes have you got ? Where upon, I'm told, that not the same thing... hmmm, ho hum !!

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

Ah Pete it's a system of subterfuge. Certain items pass through my hands on their way to new owners, it's just that some items don't always make it.

John O'Brien
Nice project that Ron

I found records of a number of these in my research on m20's in ireland

I have always liked those little 250's

Jo'bKA2Yyw

Did you copy these records John? I think quite a lot were supplied for other essential services. Ron

Hi Ron

I was not permitted to copy them but was allowed to write details down
Frame/eng no & vehicle registration
I then put them into an excel file which i can share with you 👍
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Please do John. Ron

Looks to be a good solid project there Ron........remind me, differences between the K and W versions ?

You need to find one of those Rare WC11's now with the magneto fitted !

Another rarity would be the WC12, the 350cc sidevalve supplied to the Navy..........

['Another rarity would be the WC12, the 350cc sidevalve supplied to the Navy..........']

I missed (walked away from) a complete one of those at Netley Marsh a number of years back...It even had the original handbook with it...

Unfortunately I didn't realize at the time how rare it was and just thought 'Nice, but what do I want a 350 sidevalve for?'... ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I had a (real) C12 1940 but it wasn't military so I sold it to a friend in Norfolk who now has two. Mick Holmes knows him too. The chances of finding either a C11 or C12 military are slim to not at all.

Steve, the differences between the K and W C10's are firstly in the forks/damper and handlebar arrangement and speedo drive/speedo head location. The later model had a different barrel and head with improved cooling. There are other minor differences like knee grips and battery etc. Photobucket is down again so can't post pictures at the moment.

Likewise I'll post a picture of the switch in 'Wants' later. Ron

Ron Pier
Ah Pete it's a system of subterfuge. Certain items pass through my hands on their way to new owners, it's just that some items don't always make it.

Careful Ron ...you never know if Janet might read the Forum !!! Our usual trick up here is to say its just being stored for a mate!!!

Wives are not stupid. A retired husband without a project on the go will mope around the house all day, getting in the way and asking if he can help everytime she goes to fetch anything.

A chap with a project in the workshop however will only appear three or four times a day for a cup of tea and is much less trouble !

Andy she already thinks half of my bikes belong to you! Good luck getting that past my son Danny when I'm gone though. Ron

You're going to need some tyres and a seat there Ron:-)

I've already got the saddle and a box of other parts not shown in the photo's kit. I also have one 'Dunlop Universal' tyre in stock and Michel Clements is bringing me another one from Holland.
Ron

Rik
Wives are not stupid. A retired husband without a project on the go will mope around the house all day, getting in the way and asking if he can help everytime she goes to fetch anything.

A chap with a project in the workshop however will only appear three or four times a day for a cup of tea and is much less trouble !

Funny you should say that.
Lately I have been getting enquirys from wives with photos of their father in laws old bike asking where they could get their hands on one that needed a "bit of work" to get it running.
They all had reciently retired husbands

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1