Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My horn is gone!

Went for a 70 mile ride today, when I got home I found my horn bracket had broken off, yep broke! Cant even blame myself for a loose nut!!You can see where it flailed against the down tube for some time hanging off the wires!

DAMN IT! It was an NOS horn bought last year from Taff the Horn, still in the box.

At least it was a very nice ride with incredible foliage.

photo 007_1.jpg

photo 006.jpg

Re: My horn is gone!

I think that would be a good excuse to re-ride that route Sam, in the hope that you might see it on the verge. Best attach a safety wire to one of the nuts next time! A nice working 6v Altette is worth well over £100 now.....When you can find one Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Had the same happen to me, but it was still dangling on the electrical wires!!

Maybe you can find it again, but have not had much luck myself!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net (think about it!!)

Yes I already drove the whole route immediately after I discovered it was missing, but alas, I didn't see it. And yes, the next one will have a small steel wire going to the down tube clamp. Everything was tight as I check everything before riding, just never expected the damn bracket itself to break!

Possibly it's one of the reasons they changed it to the more sensible idea of fixing it to the engine stud as per lots of other manufacturers. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Good point Ron, there are some DME circulars but we don't have them.

DME Circular's "Where Necessary"

B.212 16/11/41 Modification to Horn Bracket, Norton

B.212/1 16/7/42 Amendment No.1 Cancels B.212, Norton

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Ron Pier
Possibly it's one of the reasons they changed it to the more sensible idea of fixing it to the engine stud as per lots of other manufacturers. Ron

Yes, I'm pretty sure the engine bolt bracket is much thicker than that curved bracket too if I'm not mistaking.

Nieuwe pagina 1