Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Velocette

Somebody mentioned Velocettes in another thread and I came across this picture today and thought it may be of interest.....

Aussie Velocette photo 49d25510360bf5cc5be66b2de1dc2750.jpg

Re: Velocette

That'll be an impressed KSS cammy Velo.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I am currently researching the Australian AWM Archives, and it appears to be an MSS:

photo Schermafbeelding 2016-10-15 om 15.28.08.png

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Jan
I am currently researching the Australian AWM Archives, and it appears to be an MSS:

photo Schermafbeelding 2016-10-15 om 15.28.08.png

Jan

Oh, touché Old Boy !

Ah not OHC then! The riders leg is in the way. OHV makes more sense as a military bike.

Ron

The military model was the MAF, a variant of the 350cc MAC. This photo looks like the 500cc MSS with the larger oil tank. It is not a cammy velo, see the breather outlet on the timing cover.
 photo velo1_zps7dgw1jc2.jpg

email (option): pvlietstra at gmail.com

['Ah not OHC then! The riders leg is in the way. OHV makes more sense as a military bike.']

I've yet to see an OHC sidevalve...All the ones I've come across are UHC.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian I don't understand your comment about SV? I'll probably get the joke after it's too late to edit

Peter you're right about the timing cover for an MSS (The map of Africa) They often have that lump cast in even though they're not always drilled and tapped for the breather. The other main ID for the KSS and MSS models is the distinctively vertical saddle tube.

I have both military model Velo's MDD and MAF both of which are based on the MAC. Ron

photo MAF 213_zpsqv5rqid2.jpg

Nieuwe pagina 1