Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3HW IN NORMANDY.

Not the best detail picture,the censor has deleted the patches on the troops,taken near Caen,but does show a bike in use,looks like the front mudguard front half has been painted white,with the type of bars and pillion seat fitted looks like an early model.  photo DSC_0596_zps2c87f502.jpg  photo DSC_0597_zpsa30c9421.jpg

Re: 3HW IN NORMANDY.

That's an interesting photo Steve. Quite unusual to see a 3HW in Normandy. Do you know the source of the photo ? IWM sometimes have uncensored negs.

They seem to be preparing 3" mortar bombs. Presumably they're a British unit and not Canadian ?

Is it just the light or is the front half of the front mudguard painted in gas paint?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

photo triumh_zpsmkbvyfbz.jpg Can't see any sign of paint on mudguard.

Ian Clare
Can't see any sign of paint on mudguard.

The complete front half! Up to the headlight.
It looks like it to me, same colour as on the headlight,
and there is a clear line!

So right must go to Spec Savers.

Here's a photo provided by John Tinley of his James Ml with the whole front part of the mudguard painted in gas paint.

Thanks John.

gas paint mudguard james ml photo photo1_zpsydkni6ge.jpg

I would just add that this James ML came out of a barn in Cormelles-Le- Royale just south of Caen and is a survivor of the Normandy campaign. I have always thought it odd that the whole of the front of the mudguard is painted in gas paint. Cheers John

Nieuwe pagina 1