Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1946 Royal Enfield Booklet

Hi all,

Just seen this on Ebay, it looks like a very nice piece. Not too sure on the price though.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WW2-ROYAL-ENFIELD-WD-MOTORCYCLE-SIDE-VALVE-OHV-FLYING-FLEA-REDDITCH-/391580949876?hash=item5b2c0b1d74:g:Ub8AAOSwoU9X8Qd5

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: 1946 Royal Enfield Booklet

Its nice, I've been looking for a reasonably priced copy for some years, is this too expensive? time will tell but if I had a spare one to sell I would probably put a fairly high price on it.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

There is very little damage to the embossed brass plate. They are usually broken along the base....They do turn up cheaper than this though.

I prefer to see eBay auctions with a lower start price - they will frequently go higher but at least the market sets the price.

Hi Rob and Rik,

I'm glad to see that it was of some interest to others. I have never seen this booklet before, it does look nice.
Rik, it's a Buy it Now, the seller, which I have bought from before, does tend to more BIN than bidding.
Dave

I once encouraged, nay nagged a well-known WD Enfield enthusiast to pay a substantial amount for a copy of this book as they seemed to be increasing in price every time that they appeared but demand for this sort of thing is from a fairly small group of people and once it has been satisfied, it can easily drop back - as it did and it became much cheaper again...

I've bought tools from this seller. He does seem to find nice clean stuff but as you say lots of not-cheap BINs and highish start prices.

Rik
I once encouraged, nay nagged a well-known WD Enfield enthusiast to pay a substantial amount for a copy of this book.

I do remember this one!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

I bought my reprint version from Gordon May a few years ago for about a Tenner.

http://www.royalenfieldbooks.com/a_proud_war_record.html

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron, that sounds a right bargin, it's £12.95 now. An original would be nice, but not at that price.

Dave

last one on Ebay was sold for £76 , also a very good exemple think this one is a little high.
i found also very much cheaper for this book... but again just a copy for the pictures...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ln2jmp3az68l4dd/proud.pdf

Many thanks for the link Ron, i completly loose it! And i'm very interesting in because a scann of the 1940 Royal enfield catalog is include in the price... or if someone got one to part of ???

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

Its in nice condition one went for over £120 on ebay a while ago,and the £76 one this year,the copy version is very good with lots of extras,did you see the sellers other items glad I don't own a Ferrari £15,000 for a toolkit bag.

Nieuwe pagina 1