Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ordering from Amal

I've heard some bad reports about ordering from Amal in the past, unhelpful and slow delivery, I'm sure we had a discussion about it here.
I usually buy new carbs from Andover Norton as I get discount but I needed a 28mm Mk1 Concentric and Norton only stock 30-32mm. Amals web page is very good, typed in the make and model of bike and the correct carb and settings are shown. All the parts are shown in an exploded photo (no drawings) or click for complete carb. As I'd been told they're slow on delivery, I clicked on the next day delivery for £2 more. I ordered it at 10am and it was with me the next day at 9:30am, brilliant. I've just spoken to there technical department who I've found are very helpful and even found out about a spec change for my carb and phoned me back to tell me. I'm not sure what problems people have had in the past but they seem like that's all changed.

I'm sure this will start a list of complaints people have had with Amal as we like moaning when we've have bad service (well I do ) so happy to report when I get good service

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Ordering from Amal

Glad to hear Burlen got it right this time...As you say, hopefully they have permanently sorted the previous problems...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I use Hitchcock's normally as they have proved reliable over many years and always next day delivery at standard cost. And they seem to carry a broader range, eg bits for my 275.

I ordered from Amal only once but it was a pleasant, fast delivered shipment.

I hadn't hear they were bad, I was quite happy.

email (option): paulscutler@gmail.com

The main problem that I and other friends have encountered with Amal (Burlen Fuels) is when the carb or parts you want are out of stock. There seems to be a hell of a wait till the stock is replaced. I even enquired about a carb once that they told me the parts were all in stock So I drove the 35 miles to Salisbury to buy it, only to be told it would take 2-3 weeks to build....For F*cks Sake, I could build it in 15-20 minutes! There was no concession or sympathy that I'd driven there and a refusal to just sell me the parts. The unhelpful response has been that 'Amal Carbs' is just a small part of their business and the main Burlen Fuels is more important. It put me off recommending them, but I hope the service received by others is the start of a better regime. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1