Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LED rear lamp...

Yes, I was talking about a brake light conversion for an original back light with a single filament bulb. With a dual filament bulb you have 2 separate circuits so there isn't a problem.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

When i fitted mine Ian, unknown to me the headlight came on as well when i braked, now have an ordinary one fitted untill i get my arse into gear and fit a diode i think thats what its called (electric only goes one way when fitted apparently?)

Hi all just fitted one off those led headlight bulbs that's been spoke about , my problem now is that with the light switch off the head light is still on , switch to tail light only and it goes out any ideas anyone cheers Phil

Yes! Your wiring is wrong. The bulb can only light up if there is power going to it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

At Founders Day last weekend I bought an LED array that fits into my single filament rear light...

It doesn't use the bulb holder but mounts in front of it (mounting posts included) when the bulb is removed...However, I think the bulb contact plate will need to be removed to allow the wires to exit the rear of the light..

The array has red and white LEDs so it has number plate illumination as well as a rear light and brake light function...

I haven't actually read the wiring instructions as yet as I have to make the rear number plate and light mounting before fitting it up...

I got it from Paul Goff who has various versions, 6 or 12 volt but all for rear lights..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

If the fault has only just appeared and you haven't touched the switch wiring, then it is presumably due to the fact that the LED lamp is illuminating with a current that wasn't sufficient to power up a conventional bulb.

Could it be feeding via a stop / tail if there is a bad earth ?

A couple of photos of the main switch type (and the rear showing the wiring) would be helpful.

I couldn't be arsed with that Goff LED light board stuff. I just bought a direct replacement plug in stop/tail bulb with number plate illumination.

'Part 3' on this page.

http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/stoptail-lamp-bulbs-shop.php

Ron

I have a Miller rear lamp with a small 'screw in' single filament bulb..

Taking that and the overall dimensions of the light itself into account, which is fairly shallow from front to rear, I thought the light board was the best solution in my case..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

OK Ian I know nothing about that Miller lamp. All my Miller lamps accept the normal stop/tail bulb.......You're not riding a Corgi are you Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1