Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
£65...

Not sure what exactly it was, but could have been military.? Local farm sale..£65. ?

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Re: £65...

Looks like an Ariel W/NG to me. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

With side car lugs ?

email (option): Fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

Definitely a W/NG....
I don't see side car lugs....

email (option): maartenengels@hotmail.com

Nor me! Ron

photo WING 127_zpsp7lndajw.jpg

Ron, looking at the census number of your W/NG, is this one of the W/NG's of contract number S4554-16 like mine?

Maarten

email (option): maartenengels@hotmail.com

Indeed it is Maarten. But as you might see, the engine is from an earlier contract.

Ron

I recognise the Ariel's little reciprocating oil pump......the first thing I learned to fettle. Was the £65 to be paid to cart this artefact to the dump? If you compare to Ron's machine, even the tin mug has dissolved!

Put the Army boots to the ones who abused this machine! Looks like it has been laying in a manure pile for 50 years and only recently hosed off. It takes a lot of elements exposure to destroy metal like that.

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Worth £65 quid I'd say...The frame looks OK and the crank and other internal engine and gearbox parts might be useable..plus bits from the rear hub?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Worth £65 quid I'd say...The frame looks OK and the crank and other internal engine and gearbox parts might be useable..plus bits from the rear hub?...Ian

Yes I agree! If just the frame is savable? It's easily worth more than 65 quid, plus any other odd parts that can be salvaged. Ron

Someone paid £65 for it. If one of the 2 bidders had not been there I suspect it would have gone for about a tenner...

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Well I guess it is possible that some parts lurking within the remains of engine and gearbox may be of use, but the frame? With that amount of corrosion evident, I think that is highly unlikely and £65 would be better spent going towards a decent frame. Mind you, I gather the trend these days is to regard such boat anchors as works of art and have them mounted on your Chelsea flat living room wall.

Give it six months, it'll be on eBay with a set of Indian forks, a mis-matched front wheel and a Francis-Barnett fuel tank as a £1000 barn find Easy-Rider Bobber Chopper project.

"Just needs finishing....I've sourced the parts which is the hard bit"

With the British Pound plummeting, its now only worth £40

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Not unless it went for export... .....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1