Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 75 th D Day anniversary

No problem , We go in by landing craft , just like last time

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

andrew hemsley
No problem , We go in by landing craft , just like last time

Who is the contact for the landing craft?

Ron's building one in his back garden as we speak,

Here in our soon to be non EU Great Britain there may be some things to think about before Normandy 2019.

We may need an OGEL again.

And the E111 health card will not be recognised anymore so some sort of Health insurance may be necessary.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Never did get to the bottom of the OGEL thing. After a while the need for it became exempt in France and I think Germany but it is still required for most of the other EU countries. Ron

PS I voted OUT!

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron, I hope that you're not going to expect those of us over here to smuggle quality European-made replacement parts into fortress England for you ? We're going to be too busy smuggling back cheap stuff from Kempton and Netley.

Seriously, it is likely to mean a return to the days of all parcels to and from Europe being subject to ten days delay in customs with payment of VAT, duty and a Post-Office admin. charge on everything.

My life at least is going to become a lot more complicated.

I assumed you were all going to return all our British motorcycles before we left?

Rob

Oh no, Rob. With the pound low, they'll become much cheaper...just have to smuggle them past customs...

By the way, with GB about to break up, wouldn't this be an opportune moment to start referring to them as 'English Motorcycles' (which is what they've always been, of course).

You're probably right Rik, lets hope the midlands don't want independence next.

Rob

Rik
Ron, I hope that you're not going to expect those of us over here to smuggle quality European-made replacement parts into fortress England for you ? We're going to be too busy smuggling back cheap stuff from Kempton and Netley.

Seriously, it is likely to mean a return to the days of all parcels to and from Europe being subject to ten days delay in customs with payment of VAT, duty and a Post-Office admin. charge on everything.

My life at least is going to become a lot more complicated.

Rik it's those 'orrible little bureaucrats from your adopted country that is part of the reason I voted out. "Rule Britannia" Ron

I preferred the idea of living in a truly independent country and know for a fact that my father thought he'd gone through the war to liberate Europe, not to unify it and turn Britain into a country that was subservient to it...

Therefore I voted to leave...I'll put up with any problems caused by us leaving, it's worth it to me...Stiff upper lip and all that...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright

"....Therefore I voted to leave...I'll put up with any problems caused by us leaving, it's worth it to me...Stiff upper lip and all that...Ian

And back to good old Disraeli in 'splendid isolation'....

an independant midlands, i hadn't thought of that , i'm up for it.we've got our own language to start with (even i don't understand black country) !!

Probably best not to get too far into a political debate on this subject I think.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

hi ron coum
nt me in for a tent pitch in the big field again .cheers ,bob wales { m.wales10@ntlworld.com

I'm not counting anyone in Bob You'll need to email the campsite with your intention. Nothing to pay till 2018. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1