Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How do you test a Dynamo if it's charging or not?

I switched over to LED and with a 9 AH battery, get about 8 hours headlight from a charge.

there's a nice chap over the pond who sells just about every possible bulb you would need in LED (even the little threaded one for the speedo)

http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/online-shop-for-led-bulbs-and-light-boards-etc.php

For the cheapskates among us (thats me!), I use 2 small sealed 6V batteries in parallel and tucked into a hollowed out battery box. Very reasonable at $15.99 a pair including priority shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380886953641?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Good one, Peter! Have made a hard copy. Enough information here to become a pro

Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Installed in my WDG3L as a fully reconditioned dynamo, mine has never worked and until the bike needs a rebuild, it will stay that way! Its not a problem; I don't ride at night as it has a blackout mask fitted anyhow (I carry battery LED lights in case I get caught out) and a Cyclon battery holds enough charge to keep the brake light and horn working for weeks. Thank goodness for magnetos!

Regarding the Cyclon batteries, if your dynamo is working ok, are they compatible for putting in to the system? My limited knowledge of electrics suggests a charger is a charger, but can they be overcooked?

I've run Cyclon batteries in all my bikes for years, even the coil ignition Indians. The only problem I've had is the AO electronic regulator on my Indian special which I've now replaced with a DVR2. I won't fit AO's again Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Cheers Ron, that'll do for me. Dunc

Nieuwe pagina 1