Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
6 volt LED conversions (positive ground as well)

hi there everyone. A big thank you to all who have helped me thus far in getting my WM20 on the road. I'm hoping to be chuffing around, surrounded by a cloud of blue smoke very shortly.

Today I stumbled upon the best thing ever for old Brit bikes - a source of 6 volt and positive ground LED lighting (LED bulbs are polarity dependent and mostly available in 12 volt only).
Changing over to LED lighting takes all the work out of our aging electric systems. You can not believe the difference in brightness and lack of battery drain. A few years ago I converted my old BMW over and accidentally left the headlight on. Eight hours later and rather than having to push the old girl home, she started up without fuss.

This guy Peter http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/online-shop-for-led-bulbs-and-light-boards-etc.php
has a full range of bulbs that are direct replacement for the usual filament bulbs, whether positive ground, 6 volt or whatever. I'm not one to randomly advertise a business, but this one is very worthwhile.

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Re: 6 volt LED conversions (positive ground as well)

Yes I bought a set of LED bulbs off him for my special which is coil ignition and therefore much more dependent on it's battery. My special Like your M20 should be is 'Negative' earth. Apparently it would take 21 of his LED headlamp bulbs to use the power of the standard bulb.

http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

That's my pal Pete, have a look at his site even if you're not in the market for LED bulbs at the moment, you will be surprised at what's available. He has all his stuff made exclusively for him unlike some others. He is also the proud owner and rider of a 1934 600 Sloper outfit!
REgards, Mark

Have one fitted to my M21 headlight now running 12v, works great,the rear apparently worked well but also put the headlight on when rear brake was in use,so i've gone back to a Std bulb untill i fit a part which the name eludes me at the moment which will stop this happening i'm told.

Worth a check to see if yours does the same, could be taken as a come on signal
:<( .

email (option): oldchilly@ntlworld.com

I bought a 6V stop/tail LED from that guy Pete which is a straight forward replacement for the standard bulb. The front of the LED bulb shows red with some white LED's at the rear for number plate illumination.

I don't concider it a worthwhile operation on my mag bikes as I don't ride much after dark and the battery and dynamo's will easily cope with the standard bulbs. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I'll bet many forum members have other brit bikes that would benefit from these bulbs. In my mind, its the electrics that suffer most from old age and were fragile even when new. These bulbs remove the need for extensive reworks of wiring and charging systems - and it great they are direct replacements. In the past, I've had to somehow make standard LED bulbs fit and work...

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1