Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rider's footrest (LHS)

hi folks,
looks like I'm a couple of parts short of finishing my '41 WM20 project. I had to replace the gearbox because a previous owner had somehow wedged a swing-arm model gearbox in, and added a Norton Primary case to somehow make it fit.

Now I have the correct gearbox and primary, I can't figure out how to make the LHS footrest fit. I have the through-bolt from the RHS, the spacer and cork washers but there does not seem to be a way to get the LHS footrest on and stay in place. Also, it fouls the primary case.

Am I missing a part here? I'm working blind and photos would be very much appreciated. Draganfly parts list does not shoe the maybe-missing part...

Cas

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Re: rider's footrest (LHS)

Have you got the hollow tube with spline like the right side? There should also be two identical cotton reel shape spacers, one behind the chain case and one inside it. It all needs to be fitted before the chain case/clutch. Ron

photo scan-160406-0001_zpsqkyxnv61.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Looks like I'm missing the LHS hollow tube with the spline (#5 in the figure?). I have both footrests, through bolt, the RHS piece between the engine and footrest and the spacers.

Next question - anyone have one they would like to sell to me?

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

No 5 is the two identical cotton reel spacers. The splined tube spacers are also the same both sides. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1