Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Removing a bearing from a blind hole

I can understand that ideally the big end shells want to be evenly spaced over the oil holes in the journal so the oil flows to both sides. The oil holes should be countersunk to give a bigger pool of oil from the feed. I think this is more important than the rod sideways movement. Check your grinder has done this when he's done the job. I had never checked the side play of a conrod before as it's not something that is adjustable so there's nothing that can be done about it. It's either the right rod for the bike or it isn't. I haven't found any information showing a side play of 5 thou, where have you got this figure from?

One thing that worries me more than any of this is the lack of an oil hole in the rod. It states in R Ratio's book that without this hole you will get a top end seizure. I've spoken to an engineer friend, and he seems to think it's not required? I hoping that my SRM oil pump will fire out more oil than is needed and it'll fly everywhere..?? Maybe we should continue this off this forum as we've gone off topic

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Sorry but rod to web clearance is important, very.
A decent lub system will happily compensate.

The oil throwing around in the engine is something else - all the B50 crankcase mods are to increase the amount of oil in the crankcase!!!!!!
On these engines it appears that the scavenging is TOO good?
Something i would not have thought possible - but all the experts out there say so....?

You will find that there's lots of experience and good advice for the B40/44/50 - less so for the B25 - everyone seems to think they are the same as the C15/B40/44/50 etc.

A case in point is my oil return from head problem - oh so easy say HP/PES - its the same head casting as the B44/50 ..... oh no it isnt!
Just proved the point with PES this morning - the b25 head casting has a lot less room for their mods.

Ok thanks Nig, I am putting all my faith in this SRM oil pump to solve these problems, more oil flying around has to be a good thing.

I'll e-mail you for more info on these mods as I can't seem to find the posts on the B50 forum. I must be writing the wrong words in the search, Cheers

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1