Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Bereavement.

Some of us found out at the weekend that Geoff Myers has died. He was the younger brother of Les at Russell Motors. He was retired from the business but some of you will have met him with his ex WD stock at jumbles or more likely via his Ebay listings. Was he 'flyingdogboy' or something?

It makes me wonder how much longer Les will keep the old part of the business going? His sons are not interested or knowledgeable enough to bother and prefer the modern bike, part of the business.
Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Another Bereavement.

That is a bit of bad news...I knew Geoff quite well having dealt with him on many occasions and found him easy to get on with...

I guess that explains why my latest order hasn't turned up, not that it matters in the context of what has happened...

I don't think he was very old either which makes it worse...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I've dealt a lot with him on ebay. Always great to do business with. Never knew about the Russell Motors connection tho'. Very sad.

very sad news, I spoke to him a few weeks ago and les didant mention anything or if there any problems. he was a very nice chap.
what a shame

barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

I am so sorry to hear that he has died. I know he could be a bit fierce to some people, but he was always so kind to me. He went out of his way to help and actually did a couple of repairs for me on my M20, which was really helpful because I just didn't have enough skill and he had so much of it. I am really sorry to hear this news and send all my very best to Les and the twins. I live near the shop so I will drop in and pay my respects. Rest In Peace Geoff. I do hope they keep the old stuff going. it has been part of my life since I was at school and they had rebuilt Matchlesses for sale at £70 or £80 that looked brand new.I am really sad about this. peter

So sad,he was as is Les,one of last the school motor cycle parts suppliers Andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi ron

Indeed its very sad to hear geoff has passed on and at a relatively young age
By all accounts his illness was relatively short

He was great to deal with and always a great laugh - unlike his time when he worked at the shop
In falcon road, he could be a diferent character altogether - i dint think he enjoyed himself there

He always looked after me & many of us here on the forum - i will miss him

I just wonder now what effect this might have on les - he is or will be off work for a while soon with his shoulder problem
Now in his 70's he must be thinking of stopping soon surely

No many establishments like this left mow !

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

He died in the morning of 25th November.
I spoke to Geoff at Netly last year, he was his usual chipper self,but then I've known him since he was a mere lad.

Geoff Myers funeral will be on the 9 December at 1pm, in Eastbourne. It is being held at Langney Crematorium, Langney.

Just to let people know that I popped into Russell Motors this afternoon. I didn't see Les, but I spoke to one of the twins who said that Geoff was only in hospital for a couple of weeks before he died, so it all sounded very sudden and quick. He asked how I'd heard about his death and I told him from this website and passed on my sincere condolences to him and to Les.

Rest in Peace Geoff as he also mentioned his funeral took place a couple of days ago. RIP

I am sorry for Geoffrey Myers,
But for some days ago I bought some parts from his website and the payment was with paypal. Nothing recieved untill now.
Now I understand why.
Maybe it's better to close down his website.

Richard

email (option): bsa-m20@libero.it

Same here Richard....

Some of his bike parts are still advertised on e bay and it says the webshop is closed due to unforeseen circumstances but that it will be 'open' again at some point...

I guess they will process outstanding paid orders then...Sometime after Christmas I suppose...

Poor old Geoff..I still haven't got used to the idea I can't 'do a deal' with him anymore as I have many times in the past...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I had the same problem but on checking his shop it said that he was in hospital and that if orders were placed you could claim a refund. After two weeks waiting for parts I claimed and money was refunded next day. It was later that I read that he had passed away.

Nieuwe pagina 1