The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum picture 16H with Pannier Frames

Rik
Dave is right on this one. Considering that he's no spring chicken either, he's still got quite good eyesight !

Well I don't like to cluck about it but I noticed it a few years ago in the picture on the inside cover to the WD16H maintenance manual. To start with I thought it was artistic licence on the drawing as the bike also has a black exhaust, then I noticed it on a few original pictures. The bad news for us aspiring rivet counters is I've got the wrong seat on my bike.... I'll be awake all night worrying about it now

photo Norton WD16H Maintenance Manual inside cover_zpsw9iunpsv.jpg

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Dave,

Since I have an addictive obsession for pillion seats I have (had) quite a few in the last years.
Like with other suppliers pillion seats have been produced by several manufacturers.
Here are some different examples;

Front springs and patent no;
2014-06-17 19.09.16

Front springs without patent no;
IMG_3537a

front and rear springs Lycetts;
IMG-20131215-WA0007

The Lycetts with front springs on my Norton;
2014-04-12 20.20.36

And a rigid one;
DSCN2792

This is what I have that looks like the 'Norton ones'. Of course there are many more variations.

Regards, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Your quite right about more variations. I have one that looks like the front spring version but also has springs at the back. Sorry no photo tho.

Thanks for that Sven, the rigid one looks like a painful ride After looking closely at pictures of bikes from the same contract as mine (C11082), my bike should have the springs at the front. I must admit I thought they were Triumph pillion seats when I've seen them for sale. Even looking at war time pictures you can't tell how much of the bike is correct and hasn't been rebuilt, as the forum pictures proves. Thanks for showing these Sven

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1