Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Monster M20 on the dyno

6V is fine. just find the right LED lights and all will be well.

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

sweet - +32 bhp is not bad, what shape is the torque curve?

The acceleration curve on the screen should be convertible with built-in software to a 'true' torque/power curve.

Any temperature figures, don't seem much cooling?

I see a lambda sensor, up the exhaust - do's it give stable values under load?

Why E85 as fuel, any reason?

Yes sure I got a power/torque curve from the dyno. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B84u-tGenvZ-Z1hrQWEzT2hUWW8

Hope the link works...that is actually speed not rpm there. it's 3000rpm where the max. torque occurs and 4500 where the curve ends. I did not want to go past 4500 rpm as I'm still a bit unsure what the engine can take :)

We did not even measure the head temperature. Ambient was 17 degrees C. There are big fans for cooling, you just can't hear them as the exhaust is "a bit" loud :)

The air/fuel values were stable at about 12:1 gasoline equivalent.

E85...because I like challenges :D Really because of high compression ratio, 9,3:1 which is pretty much on a flathead.

email (option): tatu.raatikainen@gmail.com

Well i'm going to give 12v a go with LEDs front and back ,will let you know how i get on with this set up , my mate has been running this for a while on his B33 with good results , my only difference is the Bates style headlight i'll be using ,will be interesting to see how much difference the reflector projects the beam from the Lucas style light.

Well done Tatu R nice to hear this running even better a road test report! This is one M20 that Ferg on his G3L would see the rear end of .

Also I dont know how your Monster M20 thread turned into a 12V LED/electrics thread strange..

Hmmm ! LEDs , sorry about that Tatu + Dave T, i just mentioned it when passing a comment on my build, got some good info tho :>) .

Nieuwe pagina 1