Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: replica tool roll

take care john lifting the spanners. lol. seriously some one must be able to make a replica tool roll , Frank you reading this

email (option): warbikesAt gee male dot com

I'm sure that replica tool-rolls could be made reasonably easily. The problem seems to be in deciding exactly what was correct for each type. The WM20 toolbox and tool roll illustrations show something with two straps, as mentioned, perhaps more of a bag, and probably leather or 'Rexine'.

The canvas roll with webbing straps seems to be a wartime WD standard replacement, and those with leather retaining straps probably post-war.

Until fairly recently, these NATO-stock marked rolls could be found reasonably easily but once eBay sellers realised that a random assortment of tools, including one or two manufacturer-marked could be sold in a roll for a lot more than the price of single tools, the price rocketed and supply dried up.

If replicas with the integral pouch could be sold for £25 or so then I suspect that they would find a market, but if they were much dearer than that, then they'd probably be slow sellers after the initial rush.

I am going to make a replica tool roll myself, for my BSA WM20 ‘42 dated.
Some dimensions should be very helpful. For example length and width for unfolded flat roll.
More dimensions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Lammert de Vries

Nieuwe pagina 1