Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: VELOCITY STACK TUBE

Pour some boiling water over the filter and with some gloves it should unscrew.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

these things can realy seize on - hot water, then an electric paint stripper (less likely to melt things) to try and expand the 'stack'.

Often better to use an ajustable spanner, open just enough to fit the lip of the 'sack', then used to twist the stack off, is better than any clamping arrangemnet, or pipe grips

failing the above, you will have to cut it off - again a Dremel & cuting disc, is an ideal device.

had to remove a couple of those short 'bell-mouths' lately and they are swines to get off in one pce.

Or maybe you could solder the mouth with tin on a piece of material which you can clamp in a vice.

Never tried it but what came to my mind. Good luck, Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Tried the boiling water idea... No success :-(

Got a belt type filter wrench, but that too didn't work as there is nowhere to actually sit it due to the curve on the funnel :-(

Short of explosives, is there any other "non-destructive" way of shifting these things?

Alternatively, anyone got a nice working replacement carb they don't want?

email (option): fozzie001@hotmail.com

This should be done with the carb OFF the engine for obvious reasons! Squirt some methylated spirit over the bell mouth and set it alight! This heats it up quickly but meths has a fairly cool flame so will not melt anything. Then try and unscrew by hand using something grippy round the bellmouth, such as rubber matting. Repeat as necessary. Usually heat will do it. Other way us with an electric heat gun, indeed, but the meths thing is quick. Try screwing ON as well as off.

email (option): Fergusanckorn@icloud.com

I should also caution that in applying any heat to a carb, I am assuming the carb has been dried out to ensure no petrol remains!

email (option): Fergusanckorn@icloud.com

BOOM!!

hehehehe

Cheerz Ferg, I'll give that a go, BUT, cant do it for a fortnight now as I'm off to sunny Spain for a much needed break :-)

email (option): fozzie001@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1